Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hot here. I think it's hot almost everywhere. Anyway, my centerstand arrived yesterday and I put it on last evening when it was 98° and humid. This morning, I tried it out by changing the front tire. It was 96° and rising when I finished. Well, the mess is still out there.

Since it's so hot, I reverted to the time tested shade tree workshop. It's just too hot in the real workshop. I did balance the wheel in the real shop, but that was it.

[/IMG]

Chuck

·
Registered
138 Posts
Very nice...I especially like the genuine PAVEMENT in your shady spot.
Mine is gravel ,which calls for a big piece of cardboard.
I love working outdoors -rustic wrenching!

·
Registered
282 Posts
32 in the shade!

It was over 32C (90F) in the shade here yesterday :eek: WTH! this is Canada!! Got up to 38C (100F) here on Thursday, hottest I can remember.

Haven't been doing anything here lately except floating in the pool :rolleyes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
It was over 32C (90F) in the shade here yesterday :eek: WTH! this is Canada!! Got up to 38C (100F) here on Thursday, hottest I can remember.

Haven't been doing anything here lately except floating in the pool :rolleyes:
Riding home in traffic when it's over 40C is my personal summer time hell here in Australia.

Those gel cold packs that go in the freezer go well in a back protector pocket, and when that fails I soak my shirt at the water cooler when heading out the door and get a little bit of MC aircon going for the commute.

When it's already mid thirties on the bike on the way to work, you know it's going to be a scorcher!!

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Charles. I love that photograph. Tools scattered. Bike pump still hooked up that tells a story: Maybe 10 pumps. Too hot. Take a break. Beer or Gatorade 10 more pumps. Repeat.

Awesome stuff! :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
same here in the UK,15c 60f here mid morning, phew!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Shade tree

I worked on my rear brakes about two weeks ago. It was in the afternoon in west Florida, so it is hot and humid nearly year round. That is the way home mechanics is supposed to be. If you are not hot, sweaty and miserable the job does not give you any satisfaction. I do my work on the side of the house. I have some shade from the house, plus pavement to work on.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I installed my exhaust Thursday after work in my garage. It had to be over 100* in there. It was brutal.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
It's hot here. I think it's hot almost everywhere. Anyway, my centerstand arrived yesterday and I put it on last evening when it was 98° and humid. This morning, I tried it out by changing the front tire. It was 96° and rising when I finished. Well, the mess is still out there.

Since it's so hot, I reverted to the time tested shade tree workshop. It's just too hot in the real workshop. I did balance the wheel in the real shop, but that was it.

[/IMG]

Chuck
I usually end up with about three times the amount of tools out you have laying on the pavement and that is for an tire air pressure check. That is why I try to have at least two of everything, my alzheimer's tool chest. Nice work area Charles and every Brit Twin should have a center stand, looks great and I'm sure it will see allot of use.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts