Best way to raise bars ? Genmar ?

Triumph tune to suit CF Trident mufflers , is a better aircleaner
K @ N ? needed , does that affect the tune required

any suggestions for a tail tidy :)

·
Premium Member
24,301 Posts
Hi Mark

if you just want to achieve more height and not change the pull back etc then Genmars are a very tidy way of achieving this, they are unobtrusive and hardly noticed when installed.

I inherited a set of unused Genmars when I bought a bunch of accessories for my '04 ST from a friend shortly after buying the bike. I never used them though and sold them to my friend Dutchy in Tassie.

You can run the Triumph off road tune with Tridents or download one from TuneECU.
Tridents I would expect run perfectly ok without the K&N filter and my advice would be to stick with the stock filter anyway, although some will no doubt have a different opinion on that:)

I haven't ever installed a tail tidy, so can't help there I'm afraid:eek:

BTW I was in the city (work) yesterday and got a very close view from an office window of an RAAF F22 pulling a tight turn, it was close, it was loud and it was very very cool!

cheers
Dave:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've put genmar risers on my 2006, and it helped my neck tremendously! I've got neck issues anyway, and that little bit of height helped to remove the cramping I was having. They are very clean looking, I almost forget that I have them (looks wise) at times. I get just a bit of rubbing on the windscreen/cowl with my brake lever cable housing at full steering lock to the left, but its not enough for me to worry about. I could probably adjust the bits downward a bit on the bars and it would be a complete non-issue.

As far as I know, there are only 2 Triumph offroad tunes available for our bikes. On for if your bike is equipped with SAI, and the other for bikes not equipped. If you have a laptop and the inexpensive cable you can update it yourself. I've bought my cable off amazon and it works flawlessly. I don't think air-filter makes a difference for these tunes but I could be wrong. I'm sticking with paper, but that is a totally different argument for some! :)

I've purchased an R&G tail tidy for use with my Trident exhaust. I couldn't stand the thought of putting the shovel fender back on with those beautiful pipes! I'm in the middle of installing both items today (YAY!).

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys , thats great feedback thanks heaps .

Dave the F22 would have been excellent , when they were doing the F111 dump and burns I was working at the Federal law courts on
North Quay . Got to see several training runs and the actual night
events ,from on the roof , Very stirring stuff . Once when I was on a shuttle flight
from Nabalek Uranium mine in Arnhem land ,3 Mirages came up behind us and passed below just on Sunset . Ill never forget that
like something out of Apocalypse now :D

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Or, you could get the clip-ons from an 07' and newer Sprint. They're taller than the 06' bars by I'd guess 2". They were a factory option on the 05' & 06' models.

With either Genmar or taller Triumph bars you'll probably need longer brake lines, like the ones on the 07' and newer machines.

·
Premium Member
24,301 Posts
Hi Mark, it was awesome and I saw a close up of another F22 doing the same thing yesterday! Awesome!:)

I never saw the F111's up that close but was working on a house in the bush on Mt Nebo around 1985 and I could hear them come up the valley and then crest Mt Nebo right over where i was working.... read very loud! :eek:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Hi Mark, it was awesome and I saw a close up of another F22 doing the same thing yesterday! Awesome!:)

I never saw the F111's up that close but was working on a house in the bush on Mt Nebo around 1985 and I could hear them come up the valley and then crest Mt Nebo right over where i was working.... read very loud! :eek:
Dave, are you sure they were F22's?

We don't own any and the RAAF future acquisition is the F35.

Theres some joint exercises on at the moment, so the yanks might have a couple over here, but they are currently on restricted operations due to issues with the pilot oxygen delivery system.

The RAAF website mentions F/A18 Hornets flying over SE Queensland this weekend, but I can't find mention anywhere of F22's being in the air.

·
Premium Member
24,301 Posts
Dave, are you sure they were F22's?

We don't own any and the RAAF future acquisition is the F35.

Theres some joint exercises on at the moment, so the yanks might have a couple over here, but they are currently on restricted operations due to issues with the pilot oxygen delivery system.

The RAAF website mentions F/A18 Hornets flying over SE Queensland this weekend, but I can't find mention anywhere of F22's being in the air.
Sorry Beach you are 100% correct me and the keyboard bwaahhhh!:eek:

F/A18 Hornets I should have typed.:)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Or, you could get the clip-ons from an 07' and newer Sprint. They're taller than the 06' bars by I'd guess 2". They were a factory option on the 05' & 06' models.
The "High bar kit" raises the bars 35mm O/a which doesn`t seem a lot, but is enough to make the difference when riding

1 - 10 of 10 Posts