Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to change my exhaust Triumph Race (Really cool but too much noisy for my little and sensible ears :peepwall ) on my TBS for the original "Stock" version.
I suppose Less Air with the stock...so
Do I need to setup the Carburators and Sync ? :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Depends. I got my bike with TORs. When I changed back to stock for the same reason, I was worried about the jetting, but it appears the shop had never changed the jetting when going to the TORs, so I was good to go. Also, the good news is that, going in this direction, you are either going back to stock all around, or if they did change jets you will now be too rich. A lot better than being too lean...

I wouldn't think you need a sync in any case. Just a guess.

Just go ahead and do it and see what happens. If you are too rich your spark plugs will foul and the exhaust will look black, but it won't hurt your engine.

·
Registered
375 Posts
What style of race exhaust are you removing? TORS or an aftermarket setup?

Sent from my LGL55C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
TORS ref 9600003 and 9600004

What style of race exhaust are you removing? TORS or an aftermarket setup?
Sent from my LGL55C using Motorcycle.com Free App
The bike seems to run pretty good...Only did 50km. Hard to say exactly. Maybe a small cut off at 3500/4000rpm.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Depends. I got my bike with TORs. When I changed back to stock for the same reason, I was worried about the jetting, but it appears the shop had never changed the jetting when going to the TORs, so I was good to go.
I had that too - the bike ran much better when I swapped out the TORs.

timbo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts