Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So iv had my Bonnie for a couple of years now. It was a beautiful looking bike when I purchased it but turned out to be un-rideable show pony it would not ride for more the 5 mins before it cut out. Ok so going forward work done so far, iv had 2 new pistons, barrels bored/honed to match. Delta head Ali cracks made good. New valve guides and seats re-cut. Magneto rebuilt and I have just last week had the carburettors and float back refurbished. So probably one of many questions I’m going to have next few weeks. Float height I got this wrong last time. Looking at online pictures the remote float in the brackets seems all over the shop. How do you set yours up? Timing using modern fuel do you go by the old book or is there a better base setting? Thank you. Steve.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
So iv had my Bonnie for a couple of years now. It was a beautiful looking bike when I purchased it but turned out to be un-rideable show pony it would not ride for more the 5 mins before it cut out. Ok so going forward work done so far, iv had 2 new pistons, barrels bored/honed to match. Delta head Ali cracks made good. New valve guides and seats re-cut. Magneto rebuilt and I have just last week had the carburettors and float back refurbished. So probably one of many questions I’m going to have next few weeks. Float height I got this wrong last time. Looking at online pictures the remote float in the brackets seems all over the shop. How do you set yours up? Timing using modern fuel do you go by the old book or is there a better base setting? Thank you. Steve.
Sorry I missed your post. You still got the bike and issues? Send me a message I'm sure we can help. Cheers Bushy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts