Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’ve purchased a new set of rs front forks as an upgrade to my 2018 765r, my question is how much fork should be protruding from the top fork clamp.

·
Premium Member
8,618 Posts
I'm sure there is a specification for it, but it could come down to user preference. Having the forks lower in the clamps will effectively raise the front end and alter the steering geometry in favor of stability. Moving them higher in the clamps will lower the front and favor quicker steering.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Agreed with bbk.

After looking up Triumph’s specifications for my 2013 Street Triple, and measuring to assure that my settings were correct - my tubes were basically just above flush with the triple clamp at the lowest protrusion point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2020 RS and I believe the front end hasn’t changed since the previous gen RS was released. Mine are set to stock:

From bottom of upper triple clamp to the top of the fork tube: 32mm

From top of upper triple clamp (at its furthest out/lowest edge since tree top slopes down): 11mm

Note neither measurement includes the fork cap, just to where the tube itself ends.

Also note our Bay Area suspension guru Dave Moss told me to drop the front (ie raise the fork tubes) 3mm to get more balanced edge wear on front and back (right now my front tire has lots of unused rubber on the edge while my rear is worn to the edge).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Related to this, does anyone know the torque settings for the triple tree pinch bolts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2020 RS and I believe the front end hasn’t changed since the previous gen RS was released. Mine are set to stock:

From bottom of upper triple clamp to the top of the fork tube: 32mm

From top of upper triple clamp (at its furthest out/lowest edge since tree top slopes down): 11mm

Note neither measurement includes the fork cap, just to where the tube itself ends.

Also note our Bay Area suspension guru Dave Moss told me to drop the front (ie raise the fork tubes) 3mm to get more balanced edge wear on front and back (right now my front tire has lots of unused rubber on the edge while my rear is worn to the edge).

Hi I’ll go and measure mine and try these settings, many thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a different year street triple, but the specs should either be in your owner’s manual OR service manual.
Hi ive had a read through the manual and can’t seem to find any specks unfortunately

·
Premium Member
8,618 Posts
Never mind. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Related to this, does anyone know the torque settings for the triple tree pinch bolts?

The top is 26n
The bottom is 22n
This is according to my local triumph dealer
I hope this helps

·
Registered
149 Posts
The top is 26n
The bottom is 22n
This is according to my local triumph dealer
I hope this helps
These specifications are correct and are what is listed in the shop manual. If anyone wants a copy of the shop manual PM me and I will send you a link to download it from my dropbox.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts