Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

With Great Bay closed I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on on where to get parts and service in the VT/NH/MA area. I am working with a mechanic and we were looking for a better place then Bike Bandit to source parts and possibly someone to bounce some ideas off.

He replaces the sprag and said the starter still sounds bad. I know before the sprag was out, when the battery was low it sounded like someone hitting the inside of the case with a hammer. I haven't heard it with the new sprag but since he said something was not right, i believe him. He replaced the sheared bolt and shaft when the engine was split and is about to pull the engine again to make sure things look correct.

Any ideas of common things that can go wrong on a sprag change. It also got a new battery in the process to replace the old weak one. It is possible just a bunk sprag from Bike Bandit.

It is a 96 adventurer.

He may even be on this message board. If he is, Hi Ed.

Thanks everyone in advance.

·
Registered
865 Posts
If you want a better place to order online parts than BikeBandit go with Hermy's Triumph, they're excellent as far as getting parts in a timely fashion. There's a really good dealership imo in Merrimack, NH called Second Wind BMW/Triumph.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
I've used Second Wind, and National Powersports in Pembroke is now also a Triumph dealer. Neither discounts the parts much, but, then, neither does Bike Bandit. With the dealers there's no shipping, though. Sad to see Great Bay go.

Can't say about either's service department as I do all my own work.

(Uh oh, Yahoo is telling me Second Wind is also closed. National Powersports is a bit of a juggernaut, although their strength in the past has been their incredible inventory of all brands of used bikes.)

Duh! Never mind... Looks like they are just closed until tomorrow morning...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Oh man you almost gave me a heart attack with Second Wind being closed. National Powersports in Pembroke, NH ? Try Hermy s for ordering online, their the best I've ever dealt with.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I second the Hermy's recommendation. They aren't far from me so I'm able to go to them but I've also had them ship me parts and they've always been great to deal with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts