Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just taken delivery of a new 765RS in Austin, TX, USA and it seems like its going to be a great bike.

I was surprised and a concerned to learn from my dealer however, that workshop/service manuals are not available for the bike. I've never heard of this before and would really like to buy one to get to understand the bike better, do some of my own maintenance and add any aftermarket parts I might chose to fit.

I've searched the web but had no luck in finding one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've just taken delivery of a new 765RS in Austin, TX, USA and it seems like its going to be a great bike.

I was surprised and a concerned to learn from my dealer however, that workshop/service manuals are not available for the bike. I've never heard of this before and would really like to buy one to get to understand the bike better, do some of my own maintenance and add any aftermarket parts I might chose to fit.

I've searched the web but had no luck in finding one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
You will want to register on tritun.net.

It's an official Triumph online repository of docs/ service/owner manuals for their bikes.

I checked and there's still currently nothing available for the new 765. I was trying to look up also the info on the new proper torque settings for the service advisory regarding some bolts. My triumph dealer is like 40 miles away on the highway and I have a torque wrench so I was trying to save myself some superslab time lol

Also you have to pay by the hour to access the information.

If you are fast enough, you can probably try to save all of the PDF pages in like 2 hours.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You will want to register on tritun.net.

It's an official Triumph online repository of docs/ service/owner manuals for their bikes.

I checked and there's still currently nothing available for the new 765. I was trying to look up also the info on the new proper torque settings for the service advisory regarding some bolts. My triumph dealer is like 40 miles away on the highway and I have a torque wrench so I was trying to save myself some superslab time lol

Also you have to pay by the hour to access the information.

If you are fast enough, you can probably try to save all of the PDF pages in like 2 hours.
Yeah, I tried that. What a scam. You can only view one page of the manual at a time. I gave up trying to download the manual and asked for my $7.50 back - they gave it back to me.

- Jon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Poster.

I registered with tritun.net as you suggested and also didn't find anything for the 765RS. I enrolled from my home address in the USA but also have an address and different email in the UK and enrolled using those and a VPN via a UK server just in case the restriction is on American owners only. Still no luck.

It's possible that my VPN is registered in the USA however, and that is being used to block my access if this is a USA restriction only. Do any non-USA 765RS owners have access to the service manual via tritun.net or access from any other source?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks Poster.

I registered with tritun.net as you suggested and also didn't find anything for the 765RS. I enrolled from my home address in the USA but also have an address and different email in the UK and enrolled using those and a VPN via a UK server just in case the restriction is on American owners only. Still no luck.

It's possible that my VPN is registered in the USA however, and that is being used to block my access if this is a USA restriction only. Do any non-USA 765RS owners have access to the service manual via tritun.net or access from any other source?
I think you need to use your actual VIN to find it. Warning though: see my note above...

- Jon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like Poster did, I used the actual VIN number for my 2018 Street Triple RS and could not find any downloadable documents. Did you you try to download documents for a 765RS JonSF or was it another model?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I sucked it up and paid for one day access, and downloaded every section one by one. You need to print to PDF or print to file, takes at least 3 hours depending on internet speed and how willing you are to sit there and suffer through it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I sucked it up and paid for one day access, and downloaded every section one by one. You need to print to PDF or print to file, takes at least 3 hours depending on internet speed and how willing you are to sit there and suffer through it.
So how should we PayPal you? :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I downloaded the entire manual with 1 hour of access on tritun.net. As mentioned above, just print to PDF one by one until you have everything. An additional piece of advice is to work section by section opening all pages by right clicking the links and opening in new tabs. You’ll have lots of tabs open in your browser, but this makes it easier to get repetitive with Ctrl+P and Enter buttons to save each page.

I also made folders as I went along to save everything in an organized fashion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It took me about 1.5 hr to download all PDFs page by page from tritun.net. One thing I noticed was that the manual was missing instructions on how to check/replace spark plugs with steps to access the spark plugs. Does anyone know if it was included in the manual?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hm, after I put in my VIN, if I click on Service, I get this:

https://imgur.com/dA8MEPh

- Jon
Thanks Jon, I went back and tried again and success!

Its a PIA to download but the manual structure on tritun actually worked well for me. You can look at each chapter before downloading and a lot of it was no use to me. I didn't download any of the disclaimer crap and I'll never dismantle a gearbox or take out a crank shaft etc., so I left out quire a lot of the major engine work stuff too.

I got all that I need plus a bit more in about two hours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I have started downloading all the pages, but after first hour I'm bit more than midway through. Unfortunately, the pain of printing as PDF isn't all there is, its pretty much useless unless you merge the PDFs, link between the sections and chapters and it will be another day job to get the PDF into some usable state...
So, my question is, did anyone upload it somewhere after downloading it? Better yet, did anyone put the pdfs together and did some fancy linking etc, so I won't have to spend my next weekend on it? ))

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello,

I have started downloading all the pages, but after first hour I'm bit more than midway through. Unfortunately, the pain of printing as PDF isn't all there is, its pretty much useless unless you merge the PDFs, link between the sections and chapters and it will be another day job to get the PDF into some usable state...

So, my question is, did anyone upload it somewhere after downloading it? Better yet, did anyone put the pdfs together and did some fancy linking etc, so I won't have to spend my next weekend on it? ))

There’s a much easier way to download. See this thread here:

TriTun Downloader
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=91405&share_tid=910050&share_pid=2003562378&url=https://www.triumphrat.net/showthread.php?p=2003562378&share_type=t

1 - 20 of 52 Posts