Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what is suppose to be a 1977 Bonneville "Jubilee" edition. Does anyone know the serial numbers for the Jubilee edition?

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Hello Randolph NY

We have friends and family all over that area real nice country..

I doubt there is a record of the Jubilee VINS. The Jubilees were put together in a mish mash fashion. Some were rebuilt unsold new T140V's. As far as I am concerned it was built only to raise money to pay off the outstanding debt at the time. The sale of 2400 bikes just about balanced things.

Just wondering did you get the 'birth certificate' with yours?

K

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
I recall they were numbered T140J for frame and engine unless anyone knows different.
Well yeah kinda maybe....

The engine's were stamped on pad line 1 T140V pad line 2 was the VIN followed by a "J". I have seen bikes where the J is off the pad and on the case. I can't confirm the frame stampings as mine is in the Attic.

K

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
There is a nice Jubilee in my town. Bought new by its present owner who is well into his 80s now. Not been out for 20 years at least but its not for sale.. I remember him buying it and coming to work on the building sites where he was a bricklayer. Last time i saw it, he had taken a short ride but was feeling too old to ride and packed it away.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info guys. My serial number does end in J. There is a "decal" on the web where the steering post is and on it is the same numbers as on the engine block. I am having the decal reproduced as the one on the bike is in bad shape. The odometer says 1704 miles. As near as I can tell the last time the bike was registered was 1983. It is complete so I am rebuilding it.

Thanks
Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts