Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where do I look for the frame and engine serial numbers? I believe I have a '78 750.

Update: I located the engine number: TR7RV CH28768. If I am correct, the bike (or at least the engine) is a 1973 (March). I still can't find the frame numbers. What does the TR7RV stand for?

Thanks,
Vernon

·
Registered
410 Posts
]Where do I look for the frame and engine serial numbers? I believe I have a '78 750.

Update: I located the engine number: TR7RV CH28768. If I am correct, the bike (or at least the engine) is a 1973 (March). I still can't find the frame numbers. What does the TR7RV stand for?

Thanks,
Vernon[/QUOTE]

According to the Truimph workshop manual that I happen to have, your calculation of March 73 is correct. The frame no is located on the front left engine mounting lug. Mine was a May 73 T140V.
Yours is a 750cc Tiger. 5 Speed box . V indicates 5 speed. This was the modwl used by UK police & the British Army White Helmets display team. Send me a PM to [email protected] & I might have something of interest to you. A couple of photos of yr bike would be interesting.
Chris

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still can't find the frame number...

Chris,

I looked at the enging attach lugs, and it's not there either? Any other ideas?

GrandPaulZ,
I actually live in Burkburnett, TX, which is located right on the TX/OK border right off of I44. I'm 10 miles north of Wichita Falls, TX.

Can anyone else help with the frame number?

Pictures posted below and many more on my member gallery.
Vern

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
poot , unless they moved them between 67 and 73 , it should be right here

that pic is of a new unstamped frame i have so the space is blank , but its in that relief right behind the headstock on the left of the bike .

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
poot , you might well have a replacement frame with no number .

problem there is registering it . the motor # went with a frame . is that frame still in circulation and maybe registered ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I doubt it is a replacement frame. Short history on the bike...
My dad purchased it from some people in Oklahoma. It actually belonged to their son, who didn't come back from Vietnam. My dad has had it for at least 25 years. Maybe I'm overlooking it or maybe it's covered up by paint?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts