Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
Test data for Vehicle Details
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The September Triumph of the Month contest is live. Please read carefully below.

THIS MONTH'S THEME: Still Action Shot (see here for examples). Thanks to @FLY-TRI-GUY for this month's theme.
  • The last week of each month, a poll will be added to the thread with all the entries and you will have 7 days (or 5, depending on how quick I am to get the poll up and how well the thread is moving) to cast your vote.
  • You must own the submitted bike.
  • I would strongly suggest submitting pics with no people in it (dogs are fine) or at the least, crop them out of it.
  • Feel free to give a little backstory on your bike. Whether that be the modifications it has, how you came to own it, or just a fun story. Don't be afraid to share your bike's story.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to our August winner, @zoom-zoom!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Administrator
Test data for Vehicle Details
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Voting starts on the 24th. Good luck!

-Mike

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
1,321 Posts
some REALLY nice bike pics submitted, but This months photo contest THEME is suppose to b ”STILL ACTION SHOTS” just like the PIC in post #6. A still action shot of u on your bike while in motion, how cool is that! good luck! I am going to try and take a “selfie“ still action shot, is that even possible…lol….FTG

·
Registered
2022 Street Twin Matt Ironstone
78 Posts
Taken on a ride out near Burbage, UK. Should have had a bit more action as this is on a tightish bend but the guy in the sports car just in front of me (out of shot) decided to slow right down for the photographer :(

View attachment 764928
Oh look, someone who read the directions...LOL

·
Registered
T140V '73 / Being built T140V '73 with T140E '78 engine / Bits in boxes T140V '77
379 Posts
some REALLY nice bike pics submitted, but This months photo contest THEME is suppose to b ”STILL ACTION SHOTS” just like the PIC in post #6. A still action shot of u on your bike while in motion, how cool is that! good luck! I am going to try and take a “selfie“ still action shot, is that even possible…lol….FTG
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
According to the man I bought this '01 from, it may be the first one ever sold in the US. He lived in Georgia and had to go to Huntsville, AL to buy it. Airbox removed, Brake and turn signals upgraded, mirrors moved to bar ends. I have also created top and side boxes for this little brute (second photo below) and rode it solo across the country in 2014. Five weeks and 7k miles.

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Sky Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

·
Registered
T140V '73 / Being built T140V '73 with T140E '78 engine / Bits in boxes T140V '77
379 Posts
My 1978 Bonneville T140E.

All original, other than a brake disc, primary brake pistons, hoses and battery and no scratches, dings or rust.

It was a lot of action for one day.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

About half a mile or so from my house. Hard work getting back with a flat rear.

Photo courtesy of the fire-engine driver. He was a biker, he was awed and sympathetic.

Tank sailed through air as he got out, melting his rear lights.

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC
251 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts