Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long time since I've posted on this forum.
A riding buddy has a Sena SMH-10 intercom and the battery was going on it.
I made a video of replacing it and I thought I would share it with you in case you need to do the same.
You can watch my video here.
The battery info is in the description box in the video.
I hope that you enjoy it.
Thank you
Paul Pomerleau

·
Registered
878 Posts
Very helpful, Paul. Thanks for the video instruction. I have two SMH-10 units that are four years old. Still holding charge, but who knows for how much longer. Can you tell us what battery to buy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very helpful, Paul. Thanks for the video instruction. I have two SMH-10 units that are four years old. Still holding charge, but who knows for how much longer. Can you tell us what battery to buy?
We used battery 602248 and got it on-line through a Google search.
The stock battery was 560mAh and the new one was 650mAh.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just adding to this old thread, because it is one of the top hits when searching for SMH10 battery replacements.

I ordered an 602248 battery off ebay, and chose the one with the 1.25mm 2-pin connector. That is the correct connector, and no soldering was required. Unfortunately the polarity is reversed from what the SMH10 expects. A magnifying stand and sewing pin later and I reversed the leads on the battery's connector. Still easier than soldering, and it seems to be working.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got a 3.7V 2000mah battery and spliced the connector from my old battery. It greatly improved the battery life

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just adding to this old thread, because it is one of the top hits when searching for SMH10 battery replacements.

I ordered an 602248 battery off ebay, and chose the one with the 1.25mm 2-pin connector. That is the correct connector, and no soldering was required. Unfortunately the polarity is reversed from what the SMH10 expects. A magnifying stand and sewing pin later and I reversed the leads on the battery's connector. Still easier than soldering, and it seems to be working.

I just did the same. 2 batteries off of eBay for under $9 shipped for both. Swap the polarity on the pins and good to go. The new batteries and connector look identical to what was inside.
Here is the eBay listing for the batteries I got. Took about a week to get them.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/122762479742

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts