Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I really love my Street Twin but I did a test ride on the Bobber a couple of days ago and that's all there is to say about that... It's an amazing machine that I must have.

My ST is my reliable daily commuter. I will need to sell it to buy the Bobber and the Bobber would take on this role. I think that's doable, although I'm wondering about storage options and whether I can somehow add a well designed luggage rack to the fender for weekend trips.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You can easy bungee a waterproof bag onto the rear fender. I bought a wolf man bag which is a bit over the top but worked great this last weekend.

·
Registered
52 Posts
well there is a bobber triumph OEM side leather bag ... rather small thou... but u can add on both sides.

·
Registered
107 Posts
so what was it ,the extra power of the 1200 engine , the looks or the more cruiser like riding position that swayed you ? I just have to know so i dont make the same mistake , that is test riding another bike , if i did it would be the bob or maybe a thruxton.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so what was it ,the extra power of the 1200 engine , the looks or the more cruiser like riding position that swayed you ? I just have to know so i dont make the same mistake , that is test riding another bike , if i did it would be the bob or maybe a thruxton.
DO NOT test ride it. It's all of those things, and the sound. If you sit on it you're gonna want it. Then you'll drive it, go home, and start figuring out how you can get one.. I didn't think there was any bike I'd like more than my ST. Especially with my customizations.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was in the exact same boat.....

Loved my Street Twin, but the Bobber was love at first sight. Took a test ride and it was a wrap, the damn thing never fails to put a smile on my face!

·
Registered
107 Posts
DO NOT test ride it. It's all of those things, and the sound. If you sit on it you're gonna want it. Then you'll drive it, go home, and start figuring out how you can get one.. I didn't think there was any bike I'd like more than my ST. Especially with my customizations.
Great now i need a hypnotist,
repeat after me, Do Not test ride the Bobber,Do Not test ride the Bobber,Do Not test ride the Bobber,Do Not test ride the Bobber

·
Registered
147 Posts
i too fell in love with my bobber at first sight!

to me, a Bobber is a classic single seater icon with attitude that fits a riding style, an era, a mindset like none other. hanging bags on it or a luggage rack ends all of that. when i need to carry stuff, i either throw on a back pack or a magnetic strip tank bag. then when i stop and get off we're in our Bobber world, and she gains the attention of everyone, lookie-loos and and Harley riders alike, they all stop and look at an icon

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I sat on one. I felt like a half open clam: bent over and stretched out.
Horrible ergonomics for me

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was in the exact same boat.....

Loved my Street Twin, but the Bobber was love at first sight. Took a test ride and it was a wrap, the damn thing never fails to put a smile on my face!
Well, I bought my Bobber today! I pick it up on Thursday. : ). I took the demo Bobber up to Twin Peaks today and had a blast. What a terrific machine!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts