Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7 of us are planning to go up to Scotland for a week in July. Anyone know of any good self catering places up near Glen Coe or Loch Ness that would sleep 7? Just thought I'd ask. :???:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I go to that area every year in early May for pre 65 trial, but we B+B.
Try the Clachaig Inn they have lodges & good food & some nice beers & theres 1 or 2 nice self catering places if you search for Ballachulish, or Kinlochleven.
Can't wait for May!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
good camping can be found at invercoe campsite and there are numerous bed and breakfast accommodation in the vicinity
cheers

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
We're sorted now. Booked a place in Aviemore. any good routes round there?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Any good routes ?

You are kidding ??

Everywhere, except the A9, although that's a perfectly pleasant way to get up there.

If you're going over the east side, you can trake the Grantown, Braemar road and anywhere in the Deeside region will be spectacular.

The south side of LochNess is a 'different' perspective on the usual route.

You could take the Dalwhinnie turn off the A9 and go cross country towards Spean Bridge and north towards Ullapool.

Or go north of Inverness and then north west.

Basically, just look at the map, pick your route and go. It'sa big empty country up there, Inverness and Ft Will are the main centres of population but don't get the idea they're big towns.

I've got a trip planned in May you can see my psot here

May Trip Up North

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks will check those out then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts