Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a '04 Speedmaster that has had NO mods EVER.Yawn...
Want to get more oomph out of it so will do following. AI removal (I got this covered), remove air box snorkle-what is and how is this done on this bike specifically (or whatever mods would work), new air filters, would like to change pipes but $$$$ so may try that cool looking bafflectomy I looked at (at best I like it-at worst I was gonna replace pipes with new ones so no loss). What I can do on a budget (for now). I'm all tapped out cuz it's ski season-different toys to play with up here in ski country. I'm a long term former beemer owner ('93 K75S) and can turn a wrench or two or have access to those that do. I live at approx 7400 ft so that strangles the bike a bit. It is set up for Denver driving so I think carb jets are ok. Also will most likely change sprocket(s). Anything else or any help (especially photos as I am WAY ADD) would be appreciated.
Also I do not have a 2004 Speedmaster owners manual and cannot locate one anywhere. Shop manuals are everywhere but not OWNERS manuals. Any help there would also be appreciated.
I don't even know what and how much oil it takes and filter to use (filter on bike is Triumph but cannot see anything else). Aftermarket filters ok by me.
Any help regarding foot position changes too. I don't mind the highway pegs and shifter/brake on it now but would DAMN sure like to put my feet somewhere else (ie down or thereabouts)-a throwback to my former ride and a long term driving comfort issue (I've a few 1000+ mile days under my belt-yeah I ain't too bright). I look at stuff on-line but cannot figure out if I can apply it to me. Such as can a peg be mounted lower via the frame or anything like that. I'd prefer to not move shifter and brake pedals from present position. Again a photo is useful.
I've had a blast looking over the site for a couple of days so I thought I ought to join.
Thanks in advance.
CC

·
Premium Member
17,492 Posts
Hi quagmire, I have a Daytona, so I can't help much with Speedmaster questions, but welcome to the forum! I'm sure some of the lowlanders will have some good advice for you soon. But I will say that if it's set up for Denver driving, I'd do a trafficjamectomy as soon as possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 100+ miles AWAY from that. Problem is limited paved roads so bike trips tend to be long days of riding just to get 'somewhere else' to see 'something new'. Plus most roads in CO are pretty rough (chains and studded tires in winter and intense sun in summer don't do asphalt many favors). So ultimately performance tweaks and rider comfort are what I am after (aren't we all??).
CC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts