Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Speed Triple owner. It's a 2009 with the Arrow 3 into 1 low boy full system and the flash tune from the Triumph dealer who sold me the bike and the pipe.

The bike pops and backfires quite a bit on the overrun/decel. Based on my search of the posts in this forum it seems to be caused mostly by the SAI.

I would like to disable the system and would appreciate any help on how to do this. Preferably I'd like to remove it altogether rather than just plug it or bypass it (to get rid of weight/complexity), but I'll go with whatever works best based on your recommendations. If anyone has pics that would be really great.

Also, does the SAI impact performance/power at all, i.e. any gains from disabling it? What about the tune - any difference in performance/power from the tune for the SAI versus the one for the SAI removed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Or you could just plug the air injection hose at the air filter as many have done. It will cost about 50 cents and is easy to undo. No special mapping needed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am at a loss as to why plugging the hose does not require a different tune while installing a block off plate does. They both have the same effect, namely, preventing air from entering into the exhaust via the SAI.

Could someone enlighten me?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ahhh...thanks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
There is a guy on the "other" site who sells blank off plates made from aluminum stock. His username is Kulka. I think it cost me $60 shipped, they look great, and even came with detailed step by step pics to take me through the process. I flashed a new tune from tuneboy and no more popping...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts