Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can anyone tell me what this means ?i dare say it`s something simple ,secondary air injection is on the tune ecu maps and for peace of mind i`d like to know ,any help will be greatly appreciated,also is there a tune for taking the cat out?

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
It is a system that is on most bikes today, but the Tbird had it only on the first year or production or thereabout and it was removed on later models. It is a system that pulls air from the airbox via small hose and injects this air into the exhaust port. What happens is the oxygen causes any unburned fuel to ignite to reduce pollution. A lot of people like to disable it because on some bikes/setups it can cause exhaust popping.

There is a tune for cat removal with tors or other aftermarket pipes for the 1700. I'm running it myself and the power gains are quite nice. I see you have a storm so you're good to go with it. You will need the free app "tuneECU" (and a cable to hook your laptop to the bike) to load it into your bike. All the info is at tuneecu.com, and the cable is about $10-20. I can send you the tune if you want it because the link to it seems to be broken.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good onya dazco thankyou for your help ,that tune of yours to take the cat out if you could send it to me that will be very much appreciated ,cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts