Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been a bit nervous riding the 06 due to the drag link concerns I have spent a lot of time riding my 2000 Sprint.
I have replaced its chain, sprockets, and a badly notched set of head stem bearings, this along with a service has brought the bike back to as good, or better than new.
The bike is fitted with an Ohlins rear shock, gold valves and heavier springs up front along with a TOR carbon fiber muffler and gel seat.
I had forgotten what a great ride she is, what a great bike, don't know why I ever needed to upgrade to the 06. its like having a second honeymoon. And as for the route? that was a very long ride up to the Snowy mountains!! and back. :) :wink:

·
Read Only
153 Posts
I know how you feel. After 60,000km I've thought seriously about upgrading my 03 but it fits me like a glove. The rear shock will get refreshed at its next service but other than that, is as good as new.

As nice as the 1050 engine is (the only version I haven't tried is the new Tiger) there are compromises on the new Sprint that make it a no-go for me. For instance, the panniers - why is it that on 1050 the panniers stick out like an old BMWs and yet still can't fit a helmet in them. On my 955 the panniers are in nice and tight, in line with the mirrors, and take a helmet easily.

The lure of the new (a black 07 - yum!) is always strong but I expect it to be better in all areas, not actually a backwards step in a key area (for me).

Besides, my dealer refuses to take my trade-in until I get over 100,000km on the 03 - apparently I've got the highest mileage (kilometreage can't possibly be a real word) Sprint in the area and they want to see when/if it will need some engine work done.

Rod

1 - 2 of 2 Posts