Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yoshi or sebring header not sure which off a speedtriple with a sebring can and would like to fit it to a tbird.Has anyone done this or know if they fit.???

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what the hell is it.

I looked up a sebring and yoshi on google images and now I am no sure it is either?
Cam off a 95 speedtriple for sure as he had pics of it on the bike.
Anybody on here know?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
That could be a (German made?) 'Boss' header set made for T3 Daytona, Sprint, Speedy etc., which also had Can options in different materials.

I helped a guy fit some to a Sprint. Had to cut the header outlet pipe a bit shorter but otherwise fitted nicely & had an oval Titanium Can with removable baffle. Louder than stock, but not too loud imo, one of the few 'middle' level options around. I reckon with similar adjustment it would fit a classic, provided no centre stand.

I think the headers were always stainless steel.

A search on <Boss> on the T3 Sport Touring section might bring up more pics - or Google images, adding <Triumph>

·
Registered
993 Posts
That's an interesting take on a 3into1 header design.

Looks like a car guy designed and built it has a tri-y look to it. I can't say much about this header but usually tri-y car headers improve scavenging and help mid range torque. The header you have looks awesome. I'd like to hear it compared to a equal length 3into1, it would probably sound deeper.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I will test fit to the bike once I actually get it here (paid for but owners hanging on to it until I make some room).if it fits I will polish it up and stick a cone industries 12 inch stainless megaphone on it.I had a thunderbike 3 into 1 on my last classic but don't fancy paying $1400 aud again.This system if it fits will owe me $150 with the muffler.
I am trying to build another bike similar to my old one for a total budget of $1000.
I just threw money at the last one so it was easy but this time round I will be doing it cheap as possible.

·
Registered
629 Posts
What muffler is that? Looks very similar to the one I bought from lossa engineering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts