Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new Thrux has a super-ugly and uncomfortable seat. I'd love to swap it for the original stock black seat with passenger strap or something comparable, but I can't seem to find anything online. I looks like most of these after market seats are fairly pricey and dont have the bolt holes to put the seat cowl on.

Got any advice?

·
Registered
138 Posts
You can check for the Triumph seats on madss.com ( a triumphrat sponsor). Their prices tend to be lower for such items. You'd still be looking at around 275-300 US, so not cheap.

I do NOT have a gel seat, but I have been told that the gel can get really hot in the sun. Granted, I live in the Southwest where we get very hot summer days, so maybe this is not a problem in other places.

Have you considered reupholstering it? Then you could have exactly what you want, including the cowl holes.

Otherwise, search this site for ones for sale.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I put the factory gel seat on mine right away. Firmer and more comfortable than the original seat. Factory gel seat retails for 320.00. Not sure what a regular seat would run, but I'd sell mine for 200.00 plus shipping. It would probsbly be a week or two before I could ship it out becsuse I'm having surgery Monday and won't be going anywhere for a week to ten days after that. Mine is off a 2014 Thruxton, it has 1 mile on it.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I've got a bunch of take-off stock seats. I'd love to swap you for a Thruxton seat.

Call.

/Mike 2485692850

[EDIT] I just re-read your post. You can not put the Thruxton cowl on the T100 seat as the T100 seat is wider at the rear and as you observed, does not have the bungs. The cowl will fit a Scrambler seat in lieu of the rack, but there is no upholstery under the Scrambler seat cowl.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Curbninja, Mama told me not to say anything bad about anyone, so it's not you........Ditch that seat! Well, my humble, etc.... I mean, I know that's what you're looking to do, so good idea! Sorry, had to voice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
OMG!! look at that thing! Sorry you gotta put up with that, glad your looking for a new one! I think the stock one looks great, but I do agree that it is pretty solid-feeling after 3 or 4 hours of riding.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Curbninja, Mama told me not to say anything bad about anyone, so it's not you........Ditch that seat! Well, my humble, etc.... I mean, I know that's what you're looking to do, so good idea! Sorry, had to voice.
ISN'T IT AWFUL?!!! Its not even comfortable to me. Why the original owner put that on, I have no idea...

·
Registered
278 Posts
WINNER! Of the absolute ugliest seat EVER award! OMG! That's just painfull. I'd spend about whatever it took to get that off my bike...:eek: and spring for overnight shipping!

Personally I want to redo my stock seat in a medium dark brown leather. One day...

·
Registered
116 Posts
WOW. That is one fugly seat. This is the seat I went with, its not gel, but it is surprisingly comfortable, how long that will last on longer trips is yet to be seen. Its a bit pricey, but from what I have been seeing most seats are. It allows you to use under the cowl as storage, it holds all of my rain gear, pants, jacket, boot covers, with room left over. Plus it reveals the frame lines, and gets rid of the gap up front by the tank. I highly recommend it! http://newbonneville.com/html/cafe_compartment_seat.html

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts