Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot remove the seat, its not been brilliant since i bought the bike in march, fitted a tailtidy to it last week and now cant remove the seat, i can hear the mech working a bit when i turn the key but its not enough to get the seat off.
Any way round it without going back to the dealer ?
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I gather you've tried pressing down on the rear of the seat while you turn the key?

Beaten to it!:D

·
Registered
656 Posts
r&g i bet, the plastic is thicker than oem . I removed the rearmost rubber bung from the seat,this is what sits on the tail tidy plastic,my gel seat which I use fir 2 up riding fits ok.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Another vote for pushing down on the exact center of the rear passenger section of the seat while you turn the key. Probably won't hear a click or any other indication that it released.

When you do get it off, removed the locking mechanism (torx heads IIRC), put a washer or two underneath, and reinstall the lock. Should work MUCH easier.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks peeps
Tried pushing down, no good
Yes. its an R&G tailtidy, will have another go in the morning
Mark

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have same thing keep on happening to me if i wouldn't
touch it for a few weeks. Just smack it a few times, it could be frustrating sometimes but eventually it would let go.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it sorted, 2nd time i tried leaning on the latch and turning the key it opened.
Put 2 washers under the latch and some copper grease in there, works fine now
Ta
Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.