Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made some modifications to my stock seat. I added 3/4" of "memory" foam and it gives me more legroom but sucks for comfort.
I tried the buell pegs and they are great if you don't have a high-rise pipe, which I do.
I have a 33-34" inseam and can't possibly ride for very long with liners in the leathers. I need to go ahead and purchase a custom seat that will give me an inch or so over the stock seat height. Any ideas?
Sargent, corbin, russel, mayer, what's working for you guys with long legs in cold weather? I have all the silks, hot chillis, bike pants, aerostich, dainese and road gear I need to stay warm but can't make the leg thing work. Sargent was very vague on the phone about seat height even when I had the credit card out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Umm....is this thing on? OK, is anyones aftermarket seat higher(thicker) than the stock seat?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got an aftermarket seat from Sargent that is top notch in quality. I'm sure if you custom ordered one that they could add however much foam you wanted. As a custom job, it would probably be fairly pricey.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. The standard stuff is pretty pricey to boot. Didn't I used to buy corbin gunfighters for $215 for both me and my passenger?

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Corbin have priced themselves out of alot of sales! I have the Triumph gel seat and like it fine. It would be nice to get maybe an inch of adjustability from the pegs (1/2" up or down) but I guess I'll live with them. The Heli Bars have made the riding position easier on the legs, arms & neck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts