Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little concerned about the seat height on the new Tiger being 33.9" advertised. I put my deposit down on a Black one due to be here in January. My dealer says only 1400 were scheduled for the US and all but 200 were pre ordered as of this date. If this is true, there seems to be a definite demand for them. I guess I'll just have to wait and see when it gets here. Any back up offers if it doesn't fit? I'm about a 30" inseam. I ride a BLack Bonneville now, but wanted something for a little touring. Jack

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have about a 32" inseam and sat on an '07 a few weeks ago when the Triumph test ride came through town. You will be fine with a 30" inseam. The only thing I did not like was that with your feet on the ground the pegs are right in line with you inner calves. Might not be a problem once bike is setup for each individual. My new Tiger was ordered about four weeks ago and they told me February. Hopefully they are just being pessimistic. :???:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I think there is a lower accessory seat available. Lowers it about to the height of a Sprint I believe.

Some dealers could probably lower the suspension an inch or so as well with stock seat. When I get mine. Will likely ask the dealer to lower the bike a half inch or so.

[ This message was edited by: ChuckofTahoe on 2006-11-26 19:24 ]

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're right on the seat height, according to Torque its 32.9". I sat on a FZ1 with a seat height of 32" and it was okay except their pegs are in the way also. I checked further with Triumph and the low seat option is 815mm which is approximately 32" high so I guess there is some room there also. It's surprising to look at the FZ1 and compare it to the Tiger, they look very much alike except the Yammy has a very small windscreen and I didn't like the seat. And, we are comparing Yamaha to a Triumph. Jack

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
According to the brochure that I have seen, there are two optional seats for the 2007 Tiger:

A9700185 Low Seat 815 mm (32.09")

A9700121 High Seat 860 mm (33.86")

The stock seat on the 2007 Tiger is 835 mm or 32.87"

So the optional high seat gets you to the seat height of the old Tiger. The optional low seat almost gets you down to a 2007 Sprint seat height. The stock '07 Tiger seat height is sort of in between the two.

I am not sure a scooped out seat is a good solution though for the shorter Tiger people and would look more to lowering the frame on the suspension or something.

On 2006-11-27 13:27, nobby400 wrote:
On 2006-11-26 19:23, ChuckofTahoe wrote:
I think there is a lower accessory seat available. Lowers it about to the height of a Sprint I believe.
No the standard seat is the low one, there is a high seat available Look here for seats available for the new tiger
[ This message was edited by: ChuckofTahoe on 2006-11-27 19:52 ]

·
Registered
361 Posts
There is a local guy in Houston who does excellent seat work.

One of my first mods will likely be to take the stock seat to him, have it scooped and narrowed and replace existing foam with thinner high density foam, all of which should make the bike sit quite a bit lower.

-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts