Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey again,
I was wondering if anyone makes a fender elimination kit to get rid of the huge duck-tail fender of a 1998 Adventurer. I would also like some sort of passenger seat cover. I would like to cafe up my bike. Thanks, Aaron

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
That only works on the thunderbird/tbs subframes.
Indeed, although that is an easy bolt on conversion - you just need a Tbird or sport rear subframe and inner fender (avoid the 98/99 TBS) - you may need to make / modify exhaust hangers to compensate for changes in location.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Mick, as you're obviously famailiar with these will they fit the early pre-'98 tbirds?. Does anyone have any pictures of one fitted to a bike that's not been caffe'd?...........I might be doing my build in stages....and I don't want it to look stupid!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Well, I dont know them first hand as others do, but I know they will fit a TBS which has a very similar subframe to a 97 bird as such I would not foresee problems with fitting the Mecatwin unit. The TBS solo seat will also fit a 97 TBird, though you will need to move the latch IIRC

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Hey again,
I was wondering if anyone makes a fender elimination kit to get rid of the huge duck-tail fender of a 1998 Adventurer. Thanks, Aaron
Sure, you do. Have fun!

There is a photo out there somewhere of where someone has added a universal steel fender to an Adventurer. The Adventurer sub frame should provide you with lots of options. All you add is your imagination.

Here is a Mecatwin kit on Spooners 97 T-Bird:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha thanks cafetbird, I was planning on doing it myself, but I was wondering if there was something that would make it a bit easier, but I guess if I do it, I can do it like (I) Want it!!!:):)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts