Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I see all these posts about did you do a search first.

So, I remember seeing a thread on the D&D Exhaust system not too long ago. Thinking it would be faster to search for it. I clicked on search this forum. Comes up, I put in D&D, comes back does not meet minimum words for a search. Ok, next D&D exhaust, once again does not meet minimum search words. Next thinking maybe an advanced search will find it. D&D, and D&D exhaust comes back with I have used a wild card symbol in my search can not find anything. Next OK we will take out the ampersand, D D exhaust, can not find due to not enough words in the search que.

If you can not search for one word, what the F&#$? Means the Search function is practically useless and you people out there that are ragging on newbies for not using it. Maybe they are and it has not helped them as with me.. And I have been on the board for a few years now.

Sorry for the vent, just had to be said.

Dr. T.

·
Banned
44 Posts
sucks

Speaking of things that "suck"!!!!!so does this 50 post delay for newer people. like they say................................. if you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen.I've been in and out of the kitchen a lot over the years and i don't seem to learn from it much at all.All forums search boxs , leave a lot to be desired.:(:)

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
.... your link brings up a blank page for me OnD :eek:

Seems it struggles with the 'D&D' search.Keeps saying the search is under 3 word minimum even when you put in more than 3 words eg
'D&D exhaust installation'
I put in 'trident exhaust' (less than 3 words) and that brought up a heap of threads straight away.
hmmmm - curious.
Generally I find the search pretty good.

Grant:cool:

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Sorry about the blank link.:confused:

What I did was go to the site home page, not the forum page, and entered "D&D exhaust" and a page of threads was returned.

I'm not trying to defend the search function because I know it can be frustrating. I've found that doing a search from the site home page is easier than the forum page.

·
Premium Member
24,382 Posts
Patience patience patience

It does work if you persist with it and have a little patience.:)

But until you figure out what it wants it can be a bit pesky:rolleyes:.

Nothing is perfect and neither is this website, but it is still one of the biggest and best and most user friendly ones around.

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
It does work if you persist with it and have a little patience.:)

But until you figure out what it wants it can be a bit pesky:rolleyes:.

Nothing is perfect and neither is this website, but it is still one of the biggest and best and most user friendly ones around.

DaveM:cool:
Amen to that!

Another site I frequent, www.motorcycle.com, is a royal PITA to navigate.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Hah! I typed in "search function" in search function and the first post was "search function sucks".
I should get a job or something. Oh wait...I think I have one!

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Most sites run off the the same or very similar engines and I really haven't found any one that can be said the search function takes you by the hand. I've found this to be on anywhere from here to photographic sites, firearms, what have you. The best ones are the good store sites that update their data base all the time.
But general open forum types, forget it they are all about the same. I will say though that when posting anything the better the description in the header the better the search engine will work.
In the future I'd suggest that all members be very descriptive in the header as to what you are talking about.

Don

·
Registered
554 Posts
A lot of times you just have better luck using Google when searching for something on a forum, just add the name of the forum at the end, in this case triumphrat.net.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts