Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the cleanest solutions you've seen to get rid of the ugly plastic brake reservoir on the SE models?

I'm aware of the $100+ BC and LSL billet reservoirs. Something about dropping that much for a little aluminum cup is hard for me to digest.

Anyone know if it's possible to put the OEM T100 master cylinder/reservoir/lever on the SE?

Or anyone have experience with these cafe racer little tubes that replace the reservoir and completely hide from site?

Thanks for weighing in.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I didn't find anywhere that said so but the Triumph reservoir T2025066 is a direct replacement and looks awesome. Took some searching and eventually found one on ebay for $45.

Reactions: caramelgq

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed, love the OEM factory one and would even pay the $75 for it new (it's out of stock with Triumph) but the only ones I've seen on ebay for the last couple weeks have been the rear one which I don't really care about. Thanks for confirming part number I'll keep watching ebay for a lucky break :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I didn't find anywhere that said so but the Triumph reservoir T2025066 is a direct replacement and looks awesome. Took some searching and eventually found one on ebay for $45.
Looking at that part number closer on Triumph's website it looks like that's for a few other bikes but not Bonnie, are you sure that's the number?

Update: hmm just looked closer at them and by the photos it actually looks like pretty much all of them would fit. It really just needs to bolt on with the one hole and hook the hose up.. might roll the dice on one of these, what do you think? Triumph Motorcycle Machined Front Brake Reservoir #A9620057 or #A9628043 | eBay

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
The T100 has 1'' bars, SE 7/8'' bars so won't fit without a struggle.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Looking at that part number closer on Triumph's website it looks like that's for a few other bikes but not Bonnie, are you sure that's the number?...
The photo I posted is from my bike after the install. Per my sig, it's a 2009 Bonne Mag ("almost" an SE) and per my post, "I didn't find anywhere that said so" but it looked right so I took a shot. There's one on Amazon right now for $80.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The photo I posted is from my bike after the install. Per my sig, it's a 2009 Bonne Mag ("almost" an SE) and per my post, "I didn't find anywhere that said so" but it looked right so I took a shot. There's one on Amazon right now for $80.
Sounds good, thanks for chiming in. I took a stab at one with a different part number but the photo looks exact same for $70. I'm sure with a little modification I'll get it to work. Thanks for the idea!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts