Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cna anyone tell me the purpose of the screw/bolts in the header pipes about 8 inches down from the exhaust port on my '06 Bonneville?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I am especially interested in making my own sniffer for each of these bung fittings. With our cross-over tube, a reading cannot be made for the individual carb's air/fuel ratio. If however a reading is taken prior to the cross-over, you get a reading of each individual carb'.

I'll be willing to bet that a good Triumph shop already has such a tool, but it should be pretty easy to make one.

I want each of my carb's sniffed individually.....

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Any dyno operator worth his salt know's the closer to the head you get the 02 sensor the more accurate the reading.

I've had my bike dyno'd several times, each time that sniffer was so far up the exhaust I thought she was gonna gag on it.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
On 2007-03-05 17:48, SCCTrim wrote:
I've had my bike dyno'd several times, each time that sniffer was so far up the exhaust I thought she was gonna gag on it.
lol...I hear ya! I've often wondered about the bolts also and I've searched for an a/f meter with probes that may fit. Nada, I haven't seen one yet, the all use a bigass o2 sensor. I have seen egt meters that may fit the job though.

Greg

·
Registered
268 Posts
When sniffing the exhaust make sure the AI has been disconnected or you'll get a false reading.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I also gave some thought to putting a temp probe for an egt guage. pegasus has a nice dual reading guage for about 100 bucks, then you'd need 2 probes at 50 bucks each, so about 2 bills give or take. I dont think you'd want a permanant installation, it burns the probes up.
but you could set the carbs at full throttle by it, should be a good way to set mixture
G

1 - 8 of 8 Posts