Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question guys:

How do you remove the screen on the 1050? There are just 2 screws on the front of the screen. Is it just a case of removing these 2 screws and lifting off the screen or do the cockpit side panels have to be removed as well? :arghh:

I will be installing a Zero Gravity screen which will be covered in another thread.

Many thanks,
James.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong:
Although the screen is different, I think it removes just like the 06..

two screws, and slide it up, it has some tabs on the side that will come out of the corresponding slots..

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
A quick question guys:

How do you remove the screen on the 1050? There are just 2 screws on the front of the screen. Is it just a case of removing these 2 screws and lifting off the screen or do the cockpit side panels have to be removed as well? :arghh:

I will be installing a Zero Gravity screen which will be covered in another thread.

Many thanks,
James.

James, you getting ready (weather dependant) for a ride out?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Ratboy,

more of a case of wishful thinking at the moment... weather is just dreadful... wind, rain, freezing temps...

Destination Triumph have a Hinckley factory tour trip ride-out upcoming on 12 March but apparantly it is already full up. They inform me they are planning another mid-summer, which should be a blast.

I am hoping to install the zero gravity touring screen this weekend (in the garage!!) and maybe tackle the heated grips at the same time if I am feeling brave!!!!!

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I had a blip on Sunday - was cold but those heated grips sure help!!

I'd be up for a tour of the factory.

And Feb is supposed to be a warm month:D, so let's see if we can't hook up?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ratboy,

I think the next rideout factory trip is going to be in May.. at least the one organised by DT.

Did you install the heated grips yourself??? If so,
could you maybe help me install mine??? :bow:

Pleeeeeeese???

James.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I concur

Yup that's how my 07 was removed ... Heated grips :D not something I will need to add here in south Florida fortunately ... Sorry mates couldn't help meself ... Slainte!

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Ratboy,

I think the next rideout factory trip is going to be in May.. at least the one organised by DT.

Did you install the heated grips yourself??? If so,
could you maybe help me install mine??? :bow:

Pleeeeeeese???

James.
James

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Have been away on a work trip.

I had mine pre-fitted prior to getting my bike. Sorry!

But if I can help, let me know.:D

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts