Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drag with this site is no search facility, so no apologies if this question has already been asked on one of the hundreds of page links at the bottom of the page.

Seem to recall reading some comments about 'screen blisters' or 'blistered screens' on the 05+ Sprint ST?

Reason for asking - after cleaning bike (yes, it's that time of year) I notice a mark on the screen. On closer inspection it actually looked like the screen is composed of a couple of layers and one was coming away from the other. It's small at this stage but something I'll keep an eye on. I would have thought 'warranty'?

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Hi

Mine was replaced under warranty...my Sprint ABS is an '06, manufactured in '05. It was blistered when I got it :???:
I can't say if the new one is any better as I put the Skidmarx DB on it almost since new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Hi. Definitely a warranty item - I had mine replaced at the 600 mile service.

BTW - there IS a search feature on the site.

Take care - BB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,735 Posts
My bike is an 06 built in 05 that I purchased in 07/06 and mine was blistered when I got it. I have 5600 mile on it and just had it in the dealer 2 days ago for a replacement under warranty. It took about 15 minutes and they replaced it with the 07 screen that has the slight hump in it. The service guy said this was the upgrade for the old screen. There is a good bit of difference in wind flow with the higher screen. Because I ride to work a lot of days on the interstate I like the change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On 2006-11-16 12:55, BlackBeauty wrote:
Hi. Definitely a warranty item - I had mine replaced at the 600 mile service.

BTW - there IS a search feature on the site.

Take care - BB
Thanks BB - I'll be sure to follow this up. And thanks for the pointer on the search facility.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On 2006-11-16 12:57, LoVel wrote:
My bike is an 06 built in 05 that I purchased in 07/06 and mine was blistered when I got it. I have 5600 mile on it and just had it in the dealer 2 days ago for a replacement under warranty. It took about 15 minutes and they replaced it with the 07 screen that has the slight hump in it. The service guy said this was the upgrade for the old screen. There is a good bit of difference in wind flow with the higher screen. Because I ride to work a lot of days on the interstate I like the change.
Thanks Lovel, this is good to know. I'll probably wait until the 6K service - hopefully by then the blistering will be more obvious. The 07 screen sounds great.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,038 Posts
Graham,
I have never had any luck with the search facility either - maybe I'm not doing it right?

I had my screen replaced today under warranty at it's 10,000km service.It is just over 1 year old and the black paint on the inside of the screen was bubbling away from the plastic.
The dealer said they had done a few and it was a known problem.
The new screen is an 'Acerbis' and has slightly more shape in it but no where near as high as the 07 screen.
They have 2 05 Sprints in the Showroom for sale and they both had bubbling paint on their screens.I'm guessing that they only replace them if asked.

Grant :cool:

[ This message was edited by: iceman on 2006-11-17 02:55 ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On 2006-11-17 02:54, iceman wrote:
...and the black paint on the inside of the screen was bubbling away from the plastic...I'm guessing that they only replace them if asked.

Grant :cool:
Yes, that's a better description than mine. I'll wait until it gets a little worse. I'll see what screen they suggest.

Thanks for the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
Yeah mine too.. its 1year old now and am waiting for the dealer to get a new one in for me.. the 07 screen sounds good though will have to check that out
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top