Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Freinds, I am new on a Scrambler, have owned 40 scoots over the years, but first scrapler. Only thing I don't like is the gearing. I want to gear it down for off road, first gear is way to high for the bushes. I have no clue what is on it or what I should be looking for, or where to find it. Any guidance from you scooter riders is appreciated. Mine has 45 miles on it now, brand new 07 model. Thanks Gunz

If no one has any input, does anyone have any idea where I can find any information? If i remember right- 1 tooth in the primary should equat to roughly 3 teeth in the rear, which will allow without worrying about the swing arm pivot drag. I will need to table the RPM and speed- and post so others can have some idea. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I am working this and will post a study with a purchasing POC, and all information relative to swapping out the primary chain. Cost is 26 bucks shipped, stock is an 18 tooth, 1 tooth smaller is equivelent to 3 in the rear (17 tooth). Stand by a bout 2 weeks and I will post RPM verses speed difference between stock and modified. Plus the scoop on handling at low end. Gunz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts