Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring is slowly bringing some warmer weather and the snow is mostly gone, so I headed out for a 255 mile jaunt through Central Washington earlier in the week. Really nice solo ride, and my longest this season:

Above the Columbia River:

Long straight roads through the wheatfields. Cascade Mountains in the background:

Some twisty sections of road too:

Near Lake Lenore, a favorite fishing spot. The fly anglers were busy, but I didn't bring my fly rod with me on the trip:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went past seven dams, including the Grand Coulee Dam - huge.

As well as several abandoned farms:

Down through McNeil Canyon to the Columbia again. Terrific new pavement! Ran out of fuel on the way down the hill, switched to reserve, and then up the other side and into Chelan:

Ended up riding past Lake Chelan (50 miles long and a quarter mile deep) then along the Columbia to home. It was a fine ride, just a tad on the cool side. The NH pipes sounded great, and the few extra ponies dug up by Dyno Mike were much appreciated. My longest day on the bike so far this year. Really, really nice!

Regards, Guy

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 2014 Triumph Scrambler, 1980 CB650C in resto
18,286 Posts
Great pictures as always, Guy! What is it about abandoned farm buildings that simply demand pictures?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts