Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put Heidenau K60 tires on my 2016 Street Twin (with stock alloy 18" wheels), and now the clearance to my front fender is minimal. I think I need a different mudguard bracket. I may try to use the front mudguard bracket off the 2017 Scrambler, which has a 19" front wheel, if that bracket gives me more clearance and will bolt up to my Street Twin. Does anyone know whether there is in fact a height (clearance) difference between the two mudguards? I'm not talking about the "high" mudguard--I want the one that bolts to the fork casings. I'd take an extra 1/2 inch.

I believe that the part nos. are: 2016 Street Twin Front Mudguard bracket, Part # T2305519; 2017 Scrambler Front Mudguard bracket part # T2304356

P.S. More mods are in the works...a custom seat is being made now.
P.S.S. If you want to know why I would tinker with a perfectly good street bike, the answer is: my '19 Speed Twin Street Twin Scrambler_V1.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can now verify that the mudguard bracket from a '17 Street Scrambler bolts up to the '16 Street Twin perfectly, and gives about 3/4 inch additional clearance to the tire. If you've gone semi-knobby or oversize on your tires, as I have, then it is a great fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the original street twin fender--but I added a carbon fiber fender extender from Bluebird Engineering. It is glued to the back underside--I don't have a picture handy but can add one. My goal is to be able to take this bike off road, and it seems to me that the original fender doesn't do anything to protect the radiator from mud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts