Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I performed the bafflectomy on my otherwise stock 2010 Scrambler.
I also did the "incredibly easy" AI fix by blocking the tube from the airbox to the air injector assembly.
The results are good so far... better sound (I can hear it above the wind noise now) and no popping on deceleration.

However, there is still the nuisance issue of throttle control. When I'm holding a steady throttle when riding the engine seems to putter and sputter to a very slight but noticeable degree. Also, the on/off throttle application is abrupt when shifting.

Given the mods mentioned, is the TOR tune a good way to reduce the throttle issues?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have done the same mod to my 10 Scram. Let it cool down... Do the 20 minute self tune... Cold engine,start,no choke and don't touch the throttle,let idle for 20 minutes,shut off,re-start and go for a ride. See if that helps. I'll perform this about once a month.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done the same mod to my 10 Scram. Let it cool down... Do the 20 minute self tune... Cold engine,start,no choke and don't touch the throttle,let idle for 20 minutes,shut off,re-start and go for a ride. See if that helps. I'll perform this about once a month.
Yup, did that right after the bafflectomy.

Well, here's the answer to my own question.

I took the bike to the dealer today and had the TOR tune installed. There was a notable improvement in both the steady throttle and the abrupt on/off throttle conditions. I can't honestly say that there was an increase in power, but it is running well. Perhaps I need to let the airbox breathe a little better :D.

I read somewhere that the TOR tune results in a 200 degree decrease in exhaust temperature. This alone must yield benefits for the engine over the long haul, so I'm glad I did it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts