Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey kids--

Anyone have an opinion on the TORs vs BC Predators for Scrambler? Are the Predators that much louder? Anyone in the NYC area have Predators?

Thanks!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Don't know about the TORs but the Preds are nice, great finish and great sound.You get what you pay for with the Preds

·
29,948 Posts
Well, I had TORs, I always thought they were quite good - a nice rumble, still fairly quiet but a nice sound.

I am installing preds now, very nice fit and finish, highly polished stainless. I haven't heard them for real yet, but I am very excited becuase of the sound clips I have heard.

Of course I'm talking about a Bonnie rather than scram, but it's a similar idea anyway.

Check out the "exhaust" sticky over in twins tech talk, there are vids and sound clips of various different exhaust styles. Also, check out the "Dyno results" sticky. There is a direct power comparison in there of TORs vs Preds, if you're interested in that.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey kids--

Anyone have an opinion on the TORs vs BC Predators for Scrambler? Are the Predators that much louder? Anyone in the NYC area have Predators?

Thanks!
dkovalich - to my knowledge there's only one guy here who's bought the retro preds for Scrams - Varna2Win. He loves 'em. Go to the bottom of the page and the next few pages of this thread for his comments - http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-talk/100370-new-bc-bonneville-toga-silencers-2.html

He's hoping to get a vid up, and Sean at BC says a guy there has made one but just hasn't posted it. I'm real interested in them so can't wait to hear as I already love the looks. Another cool thing is that the way they're angled supposedly eliminates the need for a passenger heat shield.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
again, thanks much

thanks again for pointing me in the right direction! i thought i'd already looked at all the pred threads, but clearly missed the one i was really looking for!

btw, sean at bc says a sound clip is still in the works...though they have pics of a blacked out version if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
245 Posts
When Sean first posted a link to the Scrambler performance package, which included the Preds, there was a decent side view shot. The reverse cones look pretty small - maybe half the size of D&Ds. Hopefully that means they're only about half as loud as that'd be sufficient IMO!

Worrying about how reverse cones might detract from the '60s vibe, I initiallly balked at the Preds. However, I discovered Triumph actually used reverse cones on dirt track racers as far back as the '50s. Plus, there's a precedent in the '69 Norton Commando S. At any rate, I think they look sharp and authentic enough and combined with the quality and mechanical baffling, all I need now is confirmation that they've got an "authentic" sound without being obnoxiously loud. Well, and then there's the detail that I've still got several months to wait until I can even buy a Scram:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts