Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I'm looking for a method inwhich to carry a little more cargo then my tank bag...mainly lunch for work...I don't care for the Renntec Grab rail/rack option...too goofy looking? Anyhow, I love the Scrambler solo seat with the mini rack on the back! Would that fit my 06 Bonnie? Does anyone have one for sale? Thanks Everyone!!

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Street Twin
2,422 Posts
Agreed; I've tried with mine on my two bikes and the solo seat fits just fine. There are two slightly different versions shown in the 2007 accessory catalog. One has the white stripe around the seat, and another does not. You have a choice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yep, I did just that on my black 03 bonnie.
chose the black piping solo seat with rack.
I can forward a pic to you if you pm your e-mail.
chris

·
Registered
544 Posts
But don't bank on carrying much. The straps tend to slide to the narrowest (rear) part.
If anyone knows a cure please do tell.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just got a solo seat with rack off of Ebay, the one w/ the white piping. I like the look on my B/W T100. The seat is a lot softer than stock, feels like I'm sitting lower. I got it Tuesday so I haven't tried to carry anything yet but I think I'll be able to carry a nylon lunch/cooler bag with either nylon straps or velcro. I'll tinker around this weekend. Aloha.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
TRYMPH,

Do you have a pic you could post for us? I for one, sure would like to see how the Scrambler seat looks installed on a T100.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks awesome!! A Seat Cowl? You mean you can cover it with a cowl...no problems? This is looking like the fix for me!! Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
On 2007-01-26 08:07, bovefrankj wrote:
But don't bank on carrying much. The straps tend to slide to the narrowest (rear) part.
If anyone knows a cure please do tell.
(2) bungie cords criss-crossed front to back won't work???

·
Registered
94 Posts

Finally figured out how to post a picture, Sorry about the finger at the top. I'm following what Cobra did, I'm awaiting my cowl to mount behind the new seat. But I kinda like it with the rack as well. Like I wrote Cobra, I can have three looks - stock, this look, and then a cafe look with the cowl. I have one more picture but I only can load one at a time.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Here is the other picture...

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Looks good TRYMPH, sort of like a two-wheeled SUV. You shouldn't have any problem packin' that lunch bag now!

Thanks for the pics... thumb and all. :-D Aloha.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If you get the cowl it wont fit over the rack, you have to take it off, if thats what you were asking, no problem with me, I got the solo scrambler seat for the comfort, and the stock mounting points for the cowl.

Nathan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts