Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the $15 eBay specials but the mount is wrong. If I modify them so they pivot they hang down at a funny angle. I saw the rotating spring loaded $160 ones that say they fit Scramblers but I was hoping to find something in between.

Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
495 Posts
You get what you pay for.
Quality & fitment is probably not going to happen for fifteen bucks (sorry it didn't work out for you).
Pivot Pegs will be the quality answer.
I used Joker Machine with a little adaptation.
If you are not going off road, lowering pegs 5/8" could be ok.
The brake pedal rides high already IMO, and lowering your shifter puts it all low.
You go off pavement and you will need all the clearance you can get.
But you have choices.
To do it again I would use Pivot Pegs. They sell a quality product.

·
Registered
8 Posts
KnL Footpegs

I tried the $15 eBay specials but the mount is wrong. If I modify them so they pivot they hang down at a funny angle. I saw the rotating spring loaded $160 ones that say they fit Scramblers but I was hoping to find something in between.

Any ideas? Thanks.
I rattle canned my K n L footpegs. They drop the pegs a tad lower. 5 minute install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
MSR Folding Shift Lever on Scrambler

Is that a stock lever?
If it's aftermarket what make are they and do they come in Black?
It's a MSR Aluminum Folding Shift Lever #34-2161 - (Honda CRF/XR100/230 03-06). Unfortunately, it does not come in black.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Another vote for the ones from knlcycles.com. Dude was super nice in answering my questions, and they're really nice and grippy. Especially in the wet and muck.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another vote for the ones from knlcycles.com. Dude was super nice in answering my questions, and they're really nice and grippy. Especially in the wet and muck.
OK, I'm sold. Too late for tomorrow's ride. Care to get yours dirty?

9 a.m. at the Cordelia Starbucks. Knoxville and Rayhouse dirt roads.

·
Registered
290 Posts
******nit! I should have checked threads before I went to sleep. I ended up doing a fairly long trek this morning, but mostly tarmac.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is tomorrow. I'm bringing 3 GoPros. Maybe I'll capture some of the action. I'll post if it turns out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts