Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just collected my new-to-me '06 Scrambler - very pleased. It has the Norman Hyde pipes and sound great. On the ride home I was impressed how relaxed the motor felt when cruising at 70-80mph. It has no tacho fitted, (which actually doesn't bother me), but I was wondering how the gearing compared to the Thunderbird I just sold. That did about 14mph/1000rpm in top gear....anyone with a tacho care to tell me what the Scrambler does?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Jonny - congrats on your Scram! I'm planning on getting one later this year and can't wait. Dunno about what speed the Scram turns 1000rpm at in 5th, but I seem to remember one or two threads here that say it turns 4500 rpm at 75 with the stock setup.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well done on th new machine, with any luck i'll be getting an 09 model in the next week or two, i was thinking of stripping one or two things ie; the handle bars, i want low down ones like McQueens to add that classic look on a modern bike. Also and i have'nt looked closely but i might remove the speedo section completely as i think there is too much going on ...yeah mad eh? Also the wing mirrors, they have to go to never return, they are completely in the way. The aim of this is to have the look of a classic and to ride and feel what the revs are doing, guess what speed i'm doing etc.. i believe this is the real way bikes were once ridden before distractions came along. Take care, by the way i'm from Hampshire (in this life anyway):)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts