Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Some time this week, I should receive the last few accessories for my Scrambler 1200 XE. I am going to install the euro spec tail light relocation along with the smaller LED turn indicators. I am also going to be wiring up the air horn I got too. This should be fun!

Do I need to disconnect the battery before I do any of this? All of the items are OEM Triumph parts, so no splicing going on with anything.

Premium Member
DO disconnect the battery.

I didn't go through any particular drama when I did my Euro spec blinkers but I did cut the power first. That being said I used the Tec tail Tidy and signal relocater for the install and a set of downsized EU blinkers for a T120 and they lit right up with no problems or canbus codes.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3

I didn't go through any particular drama when I did my Euro spec blinkers but I did cut the power first. That being said I used the Tec tail Tidy and signal relocater for the install and a set of downsized EU blinkers for a T120 and they lit right up with no problems or canbus codes.
Thanks for that! I was a little worried that it might throw a fit if I had installed them without disconnecting the battery. I know what I am doing (when it comes to installing accessories), but I have never owned a bike with canbus. I was going to install a airhorn too, but I can't find a place on the Scrambler to put the compressor.

Registered

I didn't go through any particular drama when I did my Euro spec blinkers but I did cut the power first. That being said I used the Tec tail Tidy and signal relocater for the install and a set of downsized EU blinkers for a T120 and they lit right up with no problems or canbus codes. View attachment 732084
tygertrash, could you provide the detail of the downsized EU blinkers for the T120? Are they the same as the Scrambler 1200 short stem accessory? Your turn signals look more compact, but it is hard to tell from the image.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts