Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Some time this week, I should receive the last few accessories for my Scrambler 1200 XE. I am going to install the euro spec tail light relocation along with the smaller LED turn indicators. I am also going to be wiring up the air horn I got too. This should be fun!

Do I need to disconnect the battery before I do any of this? All of the items are OEM Triumph parts, so no splicing going on with anything.

Premium Member
DO disconnect the battery.

I didn't go through any particular drama when I did my Euro spec blinkers but I did cut the power first. That being said I used the Tec tail Tidy and signal relocater for the install and a set of downsized EU blinkers for a T120 and they lit right up with no problems or canbus codes.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
DO disconnect the battery.

I didn't go through any particular drama when I did my Euro spec blinkers but I did cut the power first. That being said I used the Tec tail Tidy and signal relocater for the install and a set of downsized EU blinkers for a T120 and they lit right up with no problems or canbus codes.
Thanks for that! I was a little worried that it might throw a fit if I had installed them without disconnecting the battery. I know what I am doing (when it comes to installing accessories), but I have never owned a bike with canbus. I was going to install a airhorn too, but I can't find a place on the Scrambler to put the compressor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts