Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finding that parts for the standard Bonnie don't necessarily fit on the Scrambler.

Examples:
- Standard seat for Bonnie is about 3/4-1 inch shorter than Scrambler
- Make sure you specify Thurxton size shocks if you are looking for replacements for your Scrambler - they are longer than stock Bonnie, which is needed on Scrambler.
- Foot peg pin is larger on Scrambler - found this out when I tried to replace rubber pegs with lighter race pegs and they were made for Bonnie. Have to drill larger mounting hole to make them work.
- This is obvious, but the 7 inch headlight makes mounting the Dart flyscreen a challenge. Had to bend the lower part of the mounting bracket to make it fit.

I am sure there are other items that just don't fit right, but I have not come across them yet. Keep this in mind if you own a Scrambler and are looking for aftermarket parts that were built for the standard Bonnie.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Tri650 - yeah, I've found the same, esp. with the Renntec rack, when trying to exchange bits with my Bonnie. The differenes are't necessarily obvious to the eye, but they're quite profound - in riding, handling, and running characteristics too. Greta ride though... - good luck with yours - cheers, Pat

·
Registered
578 Posts
I didn't realize the seat was a different length, but there are quite a few different, although only slightly, parts. Just a note here, if you decide to order the service manual there is a second printing, dated 01 / 2006, which you should ask for, which includes the Scrambler's uniquely spec'd parts. Otherwise you might be given the earlier manual which is generic to the Bonneville line up, but does't include any scrambler specific parts or diagrams, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts