Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awile back in "Torque"magizine the did a article on the Six Days ride on Scramblers. Twards the end of the ride they re-mounted thier front fenders underneath the lower triple tree. It looked toatally bad a$$, full old school dirtbike. Does anyone know how they mounted it ? I have a customer that wants us to do the same on his bike. Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanx,

Ray

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have no fear I just got back from the machine shop. We'll have somthing by next week. Trust me there is no way to mount it otherwise. We did a mock up and it loks cool. I'll have the part and pics by mid next week.

Thanx

Ray

North County Triumph

·
Registered
358 Posts
Are you going to leave the stock fender mount in place or add an after-market fork brace?

·
Registered
6 Posts
as a scrambler owner and a dirt bike rider, I saw the pictures that you were talking about but I would like to know how your customers like it after there first ride in the rain with it. My guess is that it would be a fair weather mod

·
Registered
581 Posts
yes, you're right Multibob, it wasn't a mod or anything - I think in one of the pics the mudguard was strapped to the pillion seat

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The idea that we have is verey basic, however it took all day to think of it. Any Scrambler or Bonnie will be able to use it. The only problem we can forsee is the removal of the reflectors on either side of the horn. Otherwise stay tuned, I'll have pics for you soon.

Thanx

Ray

North County Triumph / Yamaha

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're about one day away. I should have pics by tomorrow. If anyone out there has any other ideas for a scrambler or a bonnie let me know.

Thanx,

Ray

North County Triumph

(760) 432-9501

1 - 12 of 12 Posts