Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've checked the "exhaust" sticky and exhaust-related threads, well, exhaustively,:) already, so apologies if I overlooked something as I've been unable to get the search function to work real well for me.

I'm definitely going to replace the stock cans at time of purchase when I get my '09 EFI Scram. Seems like there aren't as many choices for Scrams as for Bonnies so thus far, the only options that fit my criteria are the TORs and Norman Hyde Togas. I've also looked at Thunderbikes but since they look nearly identical to TORs, and sound similar (louder maybe?) I can't justify spending $300 more. However, if you guys know of others that fit the following criteria, I'd love to hear back. Hear is what I'm after:

1) Retro-looking, i.e. upswept full chrome with peashooter mufflers - no black or brushed finish, reverse cones, 2-in-1's, etc.
2) Not too loud - think TORs or Togas volume level.
3) Have heat shielding for the passenger or at least it can be purchased separately (like with Togas).
4) Not too expensive - $700 tops including passenger heat shield. I know this pretty much limits me to slip-ons but that's ok.
5) Good quality and reputation. Someone who's been around a while and knows the new Bonnies and how their product works with EFI (remaps, etc.).

Let me know if I'm missing anybody that meets the above - thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
There are the Staintunes, as well:

Unfortunately, they are US$1K just for the cans. I like them. They have removable baffles so you can control the volume, but they are just too pricy.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
You can get Arrow for the Scram:

(as reported here from the NEC in Birmingham)

·
Registered
64 Posts
British Customs Retro Predator Scrambler exhaust

Not sure if you have had a chance to check our our new Retro Predator Scrambler pipes or not, nice sound without being obnoxious, good power gain and retains stock look. 100% stainless with a mechanical baffle that never needs repacking. Here Is a link to our flyer of them on a bike, let me know what you think or If I can answer any questions for you.

http://www.british-customs.com/files/marketing/pcard/scrambler_exhaust/scrambler_retro.html

·
Registered
131 Posts
Never seen those Staintunes before, they look pretty good.

I run the Thunderbike complete system, (thanks to Sean at BC), they look nothing like the original peashooters and give off a real nice rumble, may be considered too loud by sensitive folks though...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
pokeyjoe - yeah, I stumbled upon the Staintunes early in my search - very sweet and maybe the best looking pipes for the look I'm after but darn it - about double my $ limit.

Sean - even though I was planning to stay with pea shooters as opposed to reverse cones, I gotta admit the Preds are pretty sharp. I couldn't find a clip of them on a Scram, but did find one of a Thruxton and they do sound pretty "authentic". Is there a passenger heat shield available?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts