Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of decent engine bars for the Scram? The Triumph 'dresser bars' appear to be just that - mostly cosmetic. I'm looking for something that would give decent protection for off-roading.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I haven't seen any others, however, Rhodie (real off-roader) used the Triumph bars and then connected the tubes under the engine. That made it much stronger. Seems like a good option.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Renntec guards

Thanks Pokey.

I just saw a posting for the Renntec engine bars - they look awesome - anyone know if they fit the Scram? Looks like they might get very close to the bike's upswept exhaust...:confused:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Bars

Scrams have a nice looking engine guard that looks quite substantial and attractive at the same time. I wish the scram's bar would fit my bonnie but the pipes interfere.
Next to that Renntec makes nice looking strong bars but i don't know if they fit for scrams.
Other than that LSL frame sliders are a nice option, very unobtrusive but totally effective keeping your cases from being scuffed should you go down.
I'm going with the renntec set on the bonnie, they should be here in a couple of days.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
H&B engine bars

Thanks A mi que - these look very strong and big enough to be effective.

cheers - Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts