Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow trumpet lovers.

Collected my 07 Scrambler from the dealer having had a new oil cooler and cam cover gasket under warranty. The mechanic also fitted a set of TORs to the bike free of charge (for the fitting, not the pipes) while they had it.

Now it sounds marvellous but I'm getting a large backfire when starting from cold and it's backfiring when changing up through the gears, especially 1st to 2nd to 3rd. I appear to be getting very little in the way of popping/burbling on over-run. My question/challenge to you knowledgeable folks is this: how do I get rid of the 'backfire' while restoring the burbling/popping, which I happen to like??

Spoke to a couple of Triumph dealers who both suggested AI removal would improve the backfire but no info for the burble-pop.

Cheers in advance

Mike

·
Registered
229 Posts
bang

Thats exactly what mine was like after i did a straight swap from standard to TORs.

However since my first service it hasnt back fired nearly as much and doesnt start with a bang either!

I still get the odd bang through the gears, but it used to be all the time, pops less too.

I seem to remember that someone said if it popped alot it was running lean.

Hope this helps
Clive

1 - 2 of 2 Posts