Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda looking for opinions here. Especially if anybody owns both bikes. I have a T100 and I'm thinking of adding a new Scrambler to the stable. Are they different enough for it to make sense?

I have a Star Stratoliner that would be traded in on the Scrambler. Dealer is offering me a good trade plus a nice deal on a leftover 08 Scrambler. I like the Stratoliner but since I bought my T100 it's starting to just sit there. I prefer the T100 almost every ride - every time. The Stratoliner was the second big cruiser I've bought and I realize now I just like a much lighter bike and prefer the standard riding position. Bonnies are my favorite bike by far.

So does it make sense to add a Scrambler?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I've owned three modern classics, a Thunderbird, Bonnie Black and now a Scrambler, so this is kind of a do as I say, not as I do comment. The only way I would want a Bonneville and a Scrambler at the same time is if I had the time and money to make one or both unique in some way, i.e. hot rod, dirt machine, cafe, custom, etc.. As they sit stock, I just think the similarities outweigh the differences too much. There are just too many other bikes out there to offer a more rounded motorcycling experience. With what you would spend on a Scrambler you could buy a very nice classic bike for example. It hurts me to say this because I love my Scram and will keep it forever.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm worried about - the bikes will be too similar. As much as I prefer riding my Bonneville to my Stratoliner, they do offer totally different riding experiences.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I recently bought a Thruxton - and have a Bonneville. I like the reliability of the new machines - and they are two very different bikes in terms of riding.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I'm enjoying my Thrux so much, I was actually thinking that at some point down the line I'd like to add a Bonnie.

·
Registered
78 Posts
been there

I hear yah on wanting another- and the scrambler is exactly what Id get- if not the America- which would be cool for cruising- the scrambler technically could go offroad which would be nice to add some features to make that viable often to add some variety if you have those trail options where you live!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts