Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First of not sure if I am posting in the right place but just thought to start here. I just bought a Scrambler 1200xe and I am having some issues with the cruise control.
When I got it from the dealership it was working and I tested it out on the highway and it was awesome. Fast forward a couple of days later I took the phone charger that is underneath the seat and unbeknownst to me I removed the rear antenna for the key fob. After I rode it and got an error message for the key fob and the immobilizer, I decided to put it back. Since that the cruise control is not working. Any idea or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Yoti

·
Registered
130 Posts
Try this. With ignition in the on position (don’t start it) pull front brake, then rear brake, then clutch, then roll throttle off (negative direction a couple of mm) then hit cruise control button. This sequence should reactivate your cruise control.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Try this. With ignition in the on position (don’t start it) pull front brake, then rear brake, then clutch, then roll throttle off (negative direction a couple of mm) then hit cruise control button. This sequence should reactivate your cruise control.
This will be interesting if it works. Hope the OP posts a follow up.

My suggestions are to disconnect and then reconnect the battery, completely unpowering the bike for a few minutes. If that fails, have the dealer reload the ECU map.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately it did not work. I will try your suggestion tonight, and if that doesn't work I will give the dealer a call. Thank you!

·
Registered
2018 Triumph T120 2020 BMW R1250R
935 Posts
Since your problem began after you, "unbeknownst to me I removed the rear antenna for the key fob", I would look at how you re-installed it and check for any damage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked it to make sure everything was installed and secured properly. I have some technical skills nothing too fancy so I am always careful when removing electrical connections with clips so I don't think I damaged anything but again I may be wrong

·
Registered
2018 Triumph T120 2020 BMW R1250R
935 Posts
I'm not familiar with the keyless ignition and I don't have a wiring diagram for your bike, so I'm in the dark somewhat. Now that I think about it more, the keyless ignition and the cc function most likely aren't dependent on one another to operate correctly. Maybe a power reset as stated will work. Good luck..

·
Registered
20 Posts
My cruise stopped working after I used the obd to get rid of my service light on my 1200 XC. That’s when I noticed it anyway. I was looking for a fix on the forum when I saw your post and it worked. Thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts