Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many members own the new Triumph 1200 scramblers and what do they think of them? I'm ready to pull the trigger on the XC. I took a very short test ride and it seemed great just hope they are reliable as my Street Twin.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Having put out a succession of reliable water cooled twins, Triumph thought it was time to put one out that wasn’t so good - hence the Scrambler 1200 was born. Haha.
They’re awesome, but like every single bike ever made by every manufacturer, there are people who like it more than others. If YOU like it, buy it.

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
I like mine, although I reckon I might prefer my old 900. That's probably the rose-timted specs of memory though. The 900 kept me slow and steady (ish), the 1200 seems a bit more hooligan - my brother in law loved it and he rides a Panigale (proper hooligan)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like mine, although I reckon I might prefer my old 900. That's probably the rose-timted specs of memory though. The 900 kept me slow and steady (ish), the 1200 seems a bit more hooligan - my brother in law loved it and he rides a Panigale (proper hooligan)
I recently sold my HD Fat Boy Intending to buy my first Triumph - I lusted after a Scrambler 1200 but at 5’9” and 64 years old, I was a bit unsteady at stop signs when I got to ride it more than around the block. So, I got the 900 and could not be happier. I have accessorized it like I want and after putting the X pipes on it next week it will be perfect (for a while).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was sorely tempted to buy the black XC version but watched countless youtube reviews of excessive heat and even worse for a pillion apparently.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was sorely tempted to buy the black XC version but watched countless youtube reviews of excessive heat and even worse for a pillion apparently.
. I decided to get one anyway and I’ll take care of the heat problem if it bothers me too much. I might want to move the exhaust just to get another bag on there.

·
Registered
910 Posts
If you click this link you‘ll see some pics of an XE that did the full lap of Australia last year. His son made up some pannier racks for both sides And they look great and worked a treat.

Joe's Motorcycles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks great. If Triumph starts making something like that it will cost a lot. Thanks though, that’s a good design to go by.

·
Registered
614 Posts
One of the things I really like about the Triumph scramblers is the tubeless spoked wheel rims. It's really the only complaint that I have with the Ducati Desert Sled. Plugging a flat is so much easier than dealing with a tube. That's a great looking bike, good luck with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The heat issues? Fixed you now can get a cat delete, job done and with the heat shield above the back foot peg? Job done for pillion.
I have an XE and am only 5’10, yeh i tipi toe the bike but ride it for a while and you can get good with your feet when you stop at lights using the high side to drop your foot down so it’s just a case of looking before you put your foot down

1 - 11 of 11 Posts