Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello world,

Looking to upgrade my Scrambler 1200 right off the bat (from the dealer) with Vance and Hines 2:1 high exhaust w/headers, BUT unsure about part # and fitment.

I have seen online and on Youtube people fitting their 1200 Scramblers with such exhaust system, but its my understanding that exhaust was not specifically made for the 1200s.

If members can clarify details on this that would be great:

1. What is the correct part number for the full 2:1 V&H exhaust?

2. If that exhaust system was not 1200 Scrambler specific then what model bike was it designed for? And what is that part #?

3. I have came across Triumph P/N "A9600620" . Is that what people keep referring to? "A9600620" is for Street Twin , but i have also seen people talk about that exhaust and Scrambler 900.

4. "A9600620" is for Street Twin (possibly Scrambler 900), providing that is the correct P/N , does it also fit a 1200 Scrambler or is there a different high Vance & Hines 2:1 exhaust out there?

5. If i read correctly, there are some heat issues and mounting bracket fitment issues with that particular system. Is there a proper bracket availeble from other retailers? Part number and/or links would be much appreciated.

6. Is ECU remap required with this exhaust install? What would you recommend for that.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello world,
Looking to upgrade my Scrambler 1200 right off the bat (from the dealer) with Vance and Hines 2:1 high exhaust w/headers, BUT unsure about part # and fitment.
I have seen online and on Youtube people fitting their 1200 Scramblers with such exhaust system, but its my understanding that exhaust was not specifically made for the 1200s.
If members can clarify details on this that would be great:
1. What is the correct part number for the full 2:1 V&H exhaust?
2. If that exhaust system was not 1200 Scrambler specific then what model bike was it designed for? And what is that part #?
3. I have came across Triumph P/N "A9600620" . Is that what people keep referring to? "A9600620" is for Street Twin , but i have also seen people talk about that exhaust and Scrambler 900.
4. "A9600620" is for Street Twin (possibly Scrambler 900), providing that is the correct P/N, does it also fit a 1200 Scrambler or is there a different high Vance & Hines 2:1 exhaust out there?
5. If i read correctly, there are some heat issues and mounting bracket fitment issues with that particular system. Is there a proper bracket availeble from other retailers? Part number and/or links would be much appreciated.
6. Is ECU remap required with this exhaust install? What would you recommend for that.
1) A9600620

2) A9600620 was designed for the 2018-2018 Street Scrambler/Twin/Cup 900s.

3) See above.

4) It appears to fit the 1200 head. I assume that the same casting is used for the 900 and 1200.
I've not seen a V&H 2-1 full exhaust for the 1200. Triumph certainly never sold one, and there is nothing on the V&H website.
I don't know if it bolts straight on to the 1200 frame.
Since it was developed for the 900 it may not be the optimum design for the 1200.

5) I don't see why the heat issues would be any worse than those experienced with the stock exhaust, but I guess you'd need to try it.
I doubt if a bracket is available to fit an out-of-production exhaust to the "wrong" bike. :)

6) When Triumph sold this exhaust, they also provided a map for the 2016-2018 900. It was never sold for the 2019 900 or for the 1200, so no "official" map is available.
When the V&H system was discontinued, it was sold off cheaply by Triumph dealers (the original price in the UK was c.£1200, I paid £400 for mine, before I'd even ordered the bike :), but haven't yet fitted it to my 2019 Street Scrambler). Total Triumph advertised it for the 1200, but I don't know if they supplied a remap. People say that it's OK without a remap on the old and new 900s and, I assume, the 1200s, but you'd need to satisfy yourself about that.

(There are a lot of assumptions in this post, and here's another.
I assume that Triumph's decision to no longer sell an exhaust that removed the catalytic converter and required a remap was not unrelated to the $12 million fine that the US Environmental Protection Agency imposed on Harley Davidson for selling mappable ECUs.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts