Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I don’t know weather anyone has achieved this yet but has anyone been able to replace there black rims on there 1200 scrambler with gold ? I have made some calls and have spoken to some people in the wheel industry and all have came up negative to be able to supply a replacement rim in gold. Anyone else have any other experience?

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
I reckon with the gold forks it'll look a bit chavvy, but I would have thought Alpina would do them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked out Alpina and it seems that they do not do a rim that suits my hub and I am not interested in a whole new wheel infact I was as hoping to be supplied a rim only in the colour of my choosing so yeh I guess powder coating is an option or even 2 pack paint seem the only option. I would of rather a replacement rim that way I would have a back up Spare rim in case of a bender

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I reckon with the gold forks it'll look a bit chavvy, but I would have thought Alpina would do them.
Well actually, even silver anodising would be better than black, my previous thruxton r had brilliant silver wheels but my XR 400 has factory gold wheels and is a factory white bike and I really like it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts