Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's your all time favorite SciFi Movie? Mines is; "Forbidden Planet" & Crack in the World.

I love to sit and watch all the old SciFi's. I grew up as a kid watching them as a kid. Of course this is going back a few years also.:D

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
My fav move of ANY kind since 1973, the exorcist. Exorcist would be considered horror tho. As for sci-fi, i dunno.....depends on how you define it. Loved king kong, all 3 versions. But is that sci-fi? Does it have to be futuristic? Space ? What is sci-fi? Seems to be loosely defined when you search for sci-fi movies. A recent movie i really liked a lot done in the style of blair with was cloverfield.

As a kid there were a lot of them i loved that were all considered sci-fi like war of the worlds, Invaders from mars, day the earth stood still. I loved all of those.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
:) My all time fave has got to be "This Island Earth". I have it on DVD and never tire of it! Terrific special effects for the time! I also have "Forbidden Planet" and love that as well! As for more modern stuff, the four ALIEN films stand up well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The original: The Day the Earth Stood Still (I know - it's a peace message film, but there is nothing wrong with peace if you are willing to fight for it :Fencing).

Agree with Harlan Ellison's A Boy and his Dog

2001: A Space Odyssey

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Phantom Menace.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
2001: A Space Odyssey, nothing short of a special effects masterpiece for it's time. Still looks good today!

Blade Runner: Again, amazing effects tying together a story on the value of life, from both Decker's and the replicant's perspective.

Tron: Innovative take of photographic effects, fresh story.

Robocop: A critique on the devaluation of life.

Star Wars: After many years of lackluster sci-fi this movie raised the bar whose achievements have not been equaled since.

Flash Gordon: Stayed true to it's comic 50's deco look with a kickin soundtrack by Queen.

..I'm sure if I tried I can think of a few more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts