Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I got a new Scala Rider Q2 BlueTooth HS for Christmas, and FINALLY got to try it out today. The weather crept to 45 in MD, so I fired up the Daytona and tried it out. I don't want to go into the technical details, as there are other reviews on the net if you Google it. Suffice it to say, it attached easily to my new HJC flip up helmet in 10 minutes and worked flawlessly with my cell phone. It has an FM radio which sounded fine, not great fidelity, but listening to the news or using my FM transmitter for my ipod will be no problem. I am not a real fan of chatting on the cell while driving, especially on a bike...but, we all know what a pain it is to "go dark" every time you ride. When my cell rang, if you speak it auto-answers, if you stay silent, it goes to VM. I walked it up to 75 and the other party still could not hear the wind, the bike, etc. It was CRYSTAL clear in my helmet!! Of course that was with FF helmet, visor down. Visor up it got a little hard to hear after 65. Overall a great product!! BTW, it was sooo nice to get back in the saddle!! Take care everyone.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I also have the Cardo Scala Rider Q2. I've had it for almost a year, it's been great for bike-to-bike, bike-to-cell phone, bike-to-GPS, and built-in FM radio. I just ordered the new bracket that now has an mp3 plug, can't wait to do some touring again in the summer!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts