Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey all,

I'm a new rider, just having passed my MSS course in May of this year. After getting a very bad vibe from the Harley dealers in my area (Yonkers, NY) I discovered Triumph.

I recently picked up a new '09 Speedmaster EFI (black, short TORS, solo seat, dresser bar) from a dealer in Connecticut. Absolutely in love with the bike, couldn't be happier.

I'm happy to be here, love the forums and the Triumph camaraderie.

See you out there!

·
Registered
3 Posts

New to the forum? Why not post an introduction here? Introduce yourself and be greeted by our enthusiastic membership! :cool:
I'm a new member and new rider. I recently bought an 08 America. I'm about to change the stock pipes out for the TOR Long Straight cuts or the Reverse Cones.

We'll see...

·
Registered
12 Posts
New to the Forum

New to the Forum and Triumph (did have a late 60's Norton 750 Commando as a trasher). Most recent bike was a 1989 850 KW Vulcan. Thought I'd give the America a spin to get back into ring. Wanted something that not everyone else has.

Just east of San Antonio, TX, I plan on a lot of "Hill Country" riding just north of my position. I've had the bike for about a month now and have been enjoying the ride. Of course, I might be enjoying the ride better once the temps get below 100 degrees F. At these temps you don't want to stop often or leave your seat exposed for too long.:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
BC Girl buys first Triumph

Hello!

I am 10 weeks and 4000Km along in my relationship with my 04 Speedmaster. Just checking out the community here. looking forward to meeting other Triumph lovers.

cheers, Marnée

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, all. Been here a while, posted a few times. I ride an '08 America. Returned to riding last year after 25 years away. Oh, the time I wasted. It's good to see the activity in this forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
RichA

Hello RAT Members: About to buy a Triumph, been 20 years since last ride, Honda 350. Looking at America, Speedmaster, possibly T-Bird. About 6'4 tall,, Any model opinions on fit and power level for a tall but now inexperienced re-rider? Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
g'day

Hello boys and girls.
I have just discovered this new chat area for SMs and TBA owners. Great to see it back again. I will once again be a regular visitor to this site. Lost interest when the last dedicated page for these bikes was discontinued.:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey everyone,
I have posted a few times so I am not exactly NEW but I am new. My name is Lisa, I live in New Hampshire with my husband, 2 teenagers, and 2 great danes. I have a 2009 black speedy with only 480 miles on it despite having it since last november - (weather) I am a fairly new rider, I had a Honda Rebel I kicked around on last year when i started my midlife crisis but quickly outgrew that. Anyway HEY all. Nice to meet you.

(hi prop) :p

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had a Honda Rebel I kicked around on last year when i started my midlife crisis but quickly outgrew that. Anyway HEY all. Nice to meet you.

(hi prop) :p
Pleased to meet you Lisa, my name's Marnée and no worries my last bike was a Honda Ascot. Big style difference from it to my '04 speedy! Love the midlife crisis comment though, I suspect that is where many motorcylce enthusiasts come from. I have been riding most of my life and love to see newbies find their wings.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pleased to meet you Lisa, my name's Marnée and no worries my last bike was a Honda Ascot. Big style difference from it to my '04 speedy! Love the midlife crisis comment though, I suspect that is where many motorcylce enthusiasts come from. I have been riding most of my life and love to see newbies find their wings.
Hi nice to meet you!! You may be right. I just suddenly wanted to ride with no suggestion or pressure from anyone, just suddenly wanted to. Off I went! I am learning alot, every day I am out there I learn. I have gone from being afraid of riding to being afraid of soccer mom's with cell phones! hehe
all is good... finally got a good weather week! riding tomorrow!

:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello,

New guy on the block. New to the forum but not to motorcycling. Just got my 09 Speedy on 4 Aug. So far I have about 200 miles on her and am really happy with her. She is lot more responsive and handles much better than the V-Star 1100 I traded in. Nice place ya'll have here and I hope to be hanging around for a while.

Frank

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
New Member, New America Owner

Hello all - I just purchased my 09 America yesterday. Been looking at a number of bikes, all good, and had it narrowed down to HD (I was close to getting a Dyna Street Bob or Superglide) and Triumph. Went to test ride the America and really fell in love with it! Plus, the factory offer on accessories and financing really helped me in making my decision. I pick her up on Wednesday.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi

Hi

Haven't been on here for a while as there didn't used to be a Cruiser forum.

Now there is! :)

Had my America for just over a year and still loving it :D, Added long TORS when I picked her up, since then just added a tacho and saddlebags.

Fancy the lightbar next......

·
Registered
9 Posts
A big hello from atlantic Canada

Hello all.I just pick up a 2007 speedmaster and looking forward to trying it out.Bought it as a salvage from the states so I am in the process of fixing it back up to new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
new to the forum

Hello all. I rode British motorcycles (Triumphs, BSAs and Nortons) in college, and in my 20's and 30's (1960s through the 1980's), and they are still my first love. My last bike was a 1970 Triumph Trident (a 750cc triple) fitted with the replacement gas tank and exhaust silencers to look like a traditional triumph, which I purchased new and owned for the next 15 years. Now my 20 year son who can usually be found wrapped around his rice rocket asked me to get back into cycles to go riding with him, so following a 20 year hiatus, I recently purchased a 2003 Bonneville America. The bike is a beauty, but a bit more of a cruiser than I realized, and this "old dog" is having a bit of trouble adjusting to the forward controls peg position. - Phil

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy Y'all

Displaced Texan in Ohio saying Howdy. I am new to riding as of June 2008. Currently have a Honda Rebel 250 of which I love. Bought it brand new with .7 miles on it and currently have 6003 miles. Looking to get a second bike and have chosen to go with the Triumph America.

Jumping the gun a bit here but wanted to get acquainted with the bike's maintenance schedules, modifications out there and everything else about the model before buying. I have thought about the 2002 Thunderbird but like the seat height and design of the America. I 5'7" so choices are limited.

Well that's about it and you will be seeing more of me within this section of the forum. I will be lurking in the archives so I don't post duplicate postings.

Regards,
Ike

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
New Convert

Hey gang, been an '01 Bonnie rider for the past year but just traded her for a new '09 Speedy...Gotta say I am thrilled with the decision. Got the Phantom Black; TORS, roadster screen, bags, tall sissy/luggage rack, touring seat and tank bra.....Man do I love that rumble..........I will get a pic of her up on the pictures string soon...

Dean.

1 - 20 of 523 Posts